Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Price of gas update...

Price of gas update...

Old Jun 15th 2014, 4:30 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Price of gas update...

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The prices here are slowly drifting downwards. The BP's in town were selling at $3.479 and $3.469 when I drove past in my truck yesterday morning. Later when we headed out in the Mustang we paid $3.519 for BP petrol because the cheaper price was way too far out of the way to make it sensible to detour for the lower price. Here in TN the BP near the hotel is selling below $3.409 (update to follow).

Note, the BP stations in NC price to match other brands, even the discount ones like Marathon and Citgo. The BP just outside the nearest BJ's is sometimes selling below the BJ's price.
Gas in the Smokey Mountains, TN, near the interstate, hotel and into town, was mostly $3.279- $3.329. The Mobil () by the interstate was$3.269, which is what I filled up with today. Some discount brands and Kroger were as cheap as$3.159 - $3.189.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 15th 2014 at 4:33 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Its been on the rise here in British Columbia for the past 3 months, we have hit the 1.50 per liter (approx 5.70 CAD per gallon, or 5.25 per gallon.) and no sign of prices coming down anytime soon.

We have the 3 gas brands in town, Shell, Petro Canada, and Chevron, and they all match one another price wise, and 1 independent who matches the main brands.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

off_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond reputeoff_again has a reputation beyond repute

Phah....

Cheapest of the cheapest is Safeway (and cash only) at 4.03 and 4.15 at Valero around the corner from me! That said, I saw even more at SF the other day!

3.18? Damn and blast.
Old Jun 15th 2014, 7:33 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Creeping up here daily. 3 cent increase today to $3.80 and that is at the cheapest one in town. Anything up to $3.91 at the others.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:47 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Creeping up again.

One Cumbies was $3.49G is you used their card, but everywhere else at the big bulk stores were at least 10c more. Most places are $3.67+
Old Jun 28th 2014, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Generally, it's dropped 5-6 cents this week and is around $3.45 in most places.

Walmart was $3.36 pn Wednesday and, using their credit card, I get 15 cents off a gallon, making it $3.21.

The 15 cent promo is running through September and makes a big difference. If I fill up near work, it's around $3.56, so in effect, I'm saving 35 cents per gallon or close to $7 on a full tank fill up.
Old Jun 28th 2014, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

londonboy450 is an unknown quantity at this point

Around $3.36 to $3.50 but I know it will go up during the 4th July and holiday season. The ongoing problems in the middle east also dont help the gas prices. I rather just get a electric car but it just not worth it
Old Jun 29th 2014, 2:30 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonboy450
Around $3.36 to $3.50 but I know it will go up during the 4th July and holiday season. .....
Presumably you also "knew" that prices were going to go up ahead of the Memorial Day weekend? They didn't, they fell by several cents (round here at least, where Memorial Day is a pretty big deal, as is one of the US's largest sporting events which takes place near here over that weekend) ahead of the weekend, and still hasn't gone back up.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by londonboy450
Around $3.36 to $3.50 but I know it will go up during the 4th July and holiday season. The ongoing problems in the middle east also dont help the gas prices. I rather just get a electric car but it just not worth it
Prices here are still falling even as July 4th arrived. On Thursday (7/3) I needed gas for my truck and paid $3.399 for BP gas (matching the prices at the Shell and Citgo stations,nearby) but when I returned the next day to fuel the Accord the price was down to $3.379 at the same station.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 11:37 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

This morning...

Old Jul 17th 2014, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek
Wow!

My favourite local BP is still selling regular for $3.379. ..... For those with fancy cars, I think the premium grade is about $3.80ish.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell

It's hanging around $3.58 round our way at the moment. I think it's over $4.00 actually in Chicago, but WGAF about them?
Old Jul 17th 2014, 1:32 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Those look like California prices.. :/

We're around 3.60 here.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:39 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Those look like California prices.. :/

We're around 3.60 here.
It would almost be cheaper to have you send over Mrs. H to wheel me around.
Old Jul 17th 2014, 2:50 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

It would almost be cheaper to have you send over Mrs. H to wheel me around.
That would mean paying for her airfare, so non starter haha ;p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.