Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pregnancy In USA

Pregnancy In USA

Old May 13th 2010, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pregnancy In USA

I applied for financial aid to help cover the hospital fees (i had an ultrasound that has cost me $875 ) and to help cover the cost of having the baby at the hospital, my OB cost me $2000 but shes with me the whole pregnancy which is nice.

hoping im allowed the financial aid would be a nice help!
Old May 13th 2010, 7:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PepsiChic
I applied for financial aid to help cover the hospital fees (i had an ultrasound that has cost me $875 ) and to help cover the cost of having the baby at the hospital, my OB cost me $2000 but shes with me the whole pregnancy which is nice.

hoping im allowed the financial aid would be a nice help!
The difference for you is that you don't have hospitalization, PC. The original poster does have healthcare insurance.

It is very difficult to understand for those that come from countries that have universal healthcare to understand and cope with our healthcare policies and high deductibles. For us it is the norm and we budget for it accordingly.
Old May 13th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Have the baby at home with a midwife and enjoy the privacy and relaxation of having the birth your way and cut down on expenses at the same time.

Costing my daughter less than your deductible to have her child at home next month.
I agree about having the baby at home, but you still need insurance in case anything goes wrong (speaking from personal experience)...
Old May 13th 2010, 11:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kins
I agree about having the baby at home, but you still need insurance in case anything goes wrong (speaking from personal experience)...
I'm sorry to hear that your birthing ran into a problem. Hope all is well.

The OP does have hospitalization, thankfully. Often the doctors and hospitals will accept whatever the healthcare pays as payment in full.
Old May 14th 2010, 4:05 am
Banned

aussie_best has a spectacular aura aboutaussie_best has a spectacular aura aboutaussie_best has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: Pregnancy In USA

Originally Posted by tigerbaywarrior
Be sure to question EVERY line item on the bill for your new baby. Hospitals are very good at including extras that they will remove if you question them .... unless of course you don't mind!

Not only hospitals are good in putting extras but doctors are dangerous too. They normally put a claim to your insurance (any amount) and charge your credit card simultaneously. Although its your insurance but insurance favours doctors more then consumers. I saw my insurance claim history for simple consultation the doctor had charged $200 from insurance and $85 from my personal credit card simultaneously (same day/single visit).The laboratory bills which I received is seperate. The nurse was unable to find proper point to get blood out of me for labtest

Last edited by aussie_best; May 14th 2010 at 4:08 am.
Old May 14th 2010, 3:52 pm
Concierge

Please tell me that you did NOT give them your credit card for automatic billing purposes? If the doctor's office demanded that, you need to find another doctor. I think you have been taken and your husband needs to speak with some of his co-workers to see what they do and which doctor they use.

You should find a doctor that accepts your healthcare plan as payment in full and that applies to the hospital as well. With insurance your DO NOT pay upfront.

Originally Posted by aussie_best
Not only hospitals are good in putting extras but doctors are dangerous too. They normally put a claim to your insurance (any amount) and charge your credit card simultaneously. Although its your insurance but insurance favours doctors more then consumers. I saw my insurance claim history for simple consultation the doctor had charged $200 from insurance and $85 from my personal credit card simultaneously (same day/single visit).The laboratory bills which I received is seperate. The nurse was unable to find proper point to get blood out of me for labtest
Old May 14th 2010, 5:18 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Thread is closed. OP is a serial troll & gone.

Last edited by meauxna; May 14th 2010 at 6:37 pm.