Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pounds To Dollars!

Pounds To Dollars!

Old Jun 28th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

sueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant future
Talking Pounds To Dollars!

can anyone give us advice on changing our proceeds from our house sale into dollars...
We would have prefered to be with HSBC as they have branches in florida . However the nearest one to us will be Miami bit too far away from Naples..
Appreciate any feed back as this web site is great for us newbies!
Thanks.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:29 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pounds To Dollars!

Originally posted by sueanne
can anyone give us advice on changing our proceeds from our house sale into dollars...
We would have prefered to be with HSBC as they have branches in florida . However the nearest one to us will be Miami bit too far away from Naples..
Thanks.
There have been a number of threads on this topic (in fact, there was one just a few days ago), and the most common recommendation is to go through XE.Com.

Try searching for dollar, pound, exchange, etc., and you should find these other threads.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

sueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant futuresueanne has a brilliant future
Default thanks..

cheers for the response dunroving.. will have a butchers at XE.COM..
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

SusanJ100 is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

I opened GBP and dollar current accounts with Citibank in London before moving to the States and I use those accounts to transfer money between the currencies. I have found the account easy to use from here and I think they give you a reasonable exchange rate (you may want to look in to that on their website). You get cheque books in both currencies, but I haven't found anyone who will accept the dollar cheques (except other banks and my husband).
Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SusanJ100
I opened GBP and dollar current accounts with Citibank in London before moving to the States and I use those accounts to transfer money between the currencies. I have found the account easy to use from here and I think they give you a reasonable exchange rate (you may want to look in to that on their website). You get cheque books in both currencies, but I haven't found anyone who will accept the dollar cheques (except other banks and my husband).
Lol...! ! ok susan thanks for your help will look into Citibank also..
Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by SusanJ100
Lol...! ! ok susan thanks for your help will look into Citibank also..
Old Jun 28th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Thanks.
When I sold my house in the UK I transferred a large amount of sterling from my Nationwide bank account in the UK to Fleet in the US - I got a decent exchange rate and the complete transfer only cost something like 25 GBP.