Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Post by Blessme re: Illegal Alien/Marriage/ASO

Post by Blessme re: Illegal Alien/Marriage/ASO

Old Oct 23rd 2002, 4:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Post by Blessme re: Illegal Alien/Marriage/ASO

Hello I'm living in California at the moment originally from the Caribbean I have a few questions I would like to ask.

I was brought to the U.S.A as a child about 7 years old illegally i guess because it was not my identity I have lived here attended school this has been my home.
I am 21 years of age now and my situation is really gettig to me now I am not able to do anything work wise I have dreams and I am not able to accomplish them.
I call the ins phone line all the time and ask them if I'm qualified under any category they tell me No!! The only way is for me to get married...Well I am planning to get married! I don't want to do it but there's just no other way for me!
I met this guy we have been seeing each other like 2 months short of a year now He will be going for his citizenship interview November 15th and well were planning on getting married after that so my questions are.
1) Can He file I-130 petition/I-485/I765/I-131 all at once?
2)Do I qualify for 245(i) , Do I have to submit the supplemental I-485 $1,000 dollars with the original I-485 package?
3)How long does the "relative" process take?

I would really Appreciate it if someone can help me give me some advise..
I pray to god that he will see me through this stupidity I do not understand why I have to go through all of this but such is life but he really see that I just cannot go through this situation any longer so I know he's going to help me soon I just feel suicidal at times like I don't have a life I just can do what i want and it really hurts but i just hope it will be over soon I'm waiting for your advise!
Old Oct 23rd 2002, 4:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post by Blessme re: Illegal Alien/Marriage/ASO

Your marrying a US citizen is not even an option for you as a means of adjusting status. Either resign yourself to living here in the US illegally and hope that one day in the future they provide another "amnesty" or a re-enactment of the now defunct Section 245(i) so that you can apply for residency.

The method you were thinking about is not open to those who were not examined at the border when entering. From your post, you appear to be one of those that were snuck across the border.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Another category you might be on the look out for is the DREAM or CARE bills that they are trying to push through. You might well fit the DREAM one since you have completed 12 years of US schooling.

Rete