Posh Do???

Old May 14th 2005, 3:28 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Posh Do???

Originally Posted by woodsey
Have to agree, clothes over here are appalling, even in LA, of course if you're loaded its O.K but for your average person, nothing, I love BCBG but I recently paid $150 for a top and after wearing it once all the sequins fell off.. I dream of having a store like Top Shop, when I was over in the UK a few weeks ago I could of bought the whole shop,but the exchange rate being as it is at the moment.. The closest thing I've found is Urban Outfitters but the quality can be a bit rough sometimes. Teenagers seem to be well catered for but thats about it.
I even think that kids clothes are pretty crap, Gap is o.k but expensive whereas Next had the most fabulous kids clothes and excellent quality too..
I hope you threw a hissy fit when you took it back and got a refund, plus a voucher!
Old May 14th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by woodsey
Have to agree, clothes over here are appalling, even in LA, of course if you're loaded its O.K but for your average person, nothing, I love BCBG but I recently paid $150 for a top and after wearing it once all the sequins fell off.. I dream of having a store like Top Shop, when I was over in the UK a few weeks ago I could of bought the whole shop,but the exchange rate being as it is at the moment.. The closest thing I've found is Urban Outfitters but the quality can be a bit rough sometimes. Teenagers seem to be well catered for but thats about it.
I even think that kids clothes are pretty crap, Gap is o.k but expensive whereas Next had the most fabulous kids clothes and excellent quality too..

Try finding a GAP outlet store. I stupidly went into GAP a couple of weeks ago and bought 2 pairs of jeans $56 each (for me, I don't have kids yet). Went on a drive out to Lancaster a couple of weeks later, popped into a GAP outlet and the jeans were only $28 each. Worth a look on the net anyway for the nearest location to you.
Old May 14th 2005, 2:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Try finding a GAP outlet store. I stupidly went into GAP a couple of weeks ago and bought 2 pairs of jeans $56 each (for me, I don't have kids yet). Went on a drive out to Lancaster a couple of weeks later, popped into a GAP outlet and the jeans were only $28 each. Worth a look on the net anyway for the nearest location to you.
You'd love Freeport then...it's a outlet town, the missus got some shoes from Nine West, $9, $7 and free for getting two, original costs $89, $129, $70....so not bad
There's a timberlands, LL beans, ralph lauren, levi's, gap...loads of stuff...best part of maine
Old May 14th 2005, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

We are (excluding teenage son) just off to Jackson outlet mall NJ, sometimes we come back with lots of things other times we don't manage to find anything. I also go to Franklin Mills outlet mall in PA but that's massive and I need a full day on my own to see everything.

So hopefully today we will manage to buy new things for summer.
Old May 14th 2005, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bob
You'd love Freeport then...it's a outlet town, the missus got some shoes from Nine West, $9, $7 and free for getting two, original costs $89, $129, $70....so not bad
There's a timberlands, LL beans, ralph lauren, levi's, gap...loads of stuff...best part of maine

Have to say we love a bargain. I don't think we've paid full price for any major buys out here (with the exception of the car). Done some fab price matches and bartering....must be the British accent!
Old May 14th 2005, 6:12 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lottie
Have to say we love a bargain. I don't think we've paid full price for any major buys out here (with the exception of the car). Done some fab price matches and bartering....must be the British accent!
Are you saying you spent time and energy haggling over vacuum cleaners and the like, but paid the sticker price for something that costs several thousand grand??? :scared:

Old May 14th 2005, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Are you saying you spent time and energy haggling over vacuum cleaners and the like, but paid the sticker price for something that costs several thousand grand??? :scared:

No, bartered for things like; leather sofa, fridge freezer, plasma screen tv & surround sound system, front loading washing machine & tumble dryer.

Tried our best with the car, but the whole motto of the company we bought from was, the sticker price is the price, full-stop. We did enough searching around to know that it was the cheapest compared to all the other garages we had been bartering with ...so I'm hoping we got a reasonable deal :-)
Old May 14th 2005, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
There's a timberlands...... ralph lauren
chav
Old May 14th 2005, 9:03 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

can I just point out - returning to the thread - she has taken the best part of a day to get ready and has now dissapeered to get her hair and nails done (after going and buying another pair of shoes - back up apparently) - god I love been a bloke - hair cut 20 mins, pick up a suit from cleaner (nice little Boeteng number) polish shoes, iron shirt - shit, shower shave and bobs your uncle
Old May 14th 2005, 9:20 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Can you believe that I can't find a pair of espadrilles (shoes with a wedge heel and lacy ties for the ankles) anywhere...

I can't understand it, the 'boho' (bohemian) look is in fashion this Summer and I have one of those gypsy skirts with sequins on....yet I can't find any shoes to go with them. I don't want to wear flip-flops, yet I haven't even seen any nice leather sandals either (the sort of thing to be found on any British high street or a market in Spain, Italy, Greece etc). I can't even find any ethnic-type necklaces here either. <<snip>>
Do you have Chico's near you? They're the kind of store that'd have the ethnic type jewelry and possibly the espadrilles. A coworker is a walking advert for Chico's merchandise.

If you're comfortable with online shopping, I believe Newport News has espadrilles. Just checked online store, Zappos and they have espadrilles for sale.

NC Penguin
Old May 14th 2005, 9:21 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
chav
mustn't forget burberry
Old May 14th 2005, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Can you believe that I can't find a pair of espadrilles (shoes with a wedge heel and lacy ties for the ankles) anywhere...
I went to my local Macy's yesterday and they had espadrilles in all different colours including black. I'm sure I also saw some in Nine West too.
Old May 15th 2005, 12:48 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

can I just point out - returning to the thread - she has taken the best part of a day to get ready and has now dissapeered to get her hair and nails done (after going and buying another pair of shoes - back up apparently) - god I love been a bloke - hair cut 20 mins, pick up a suit from cleaner (nice little Boeteng number) polish shoes, iron shirt - shit, shower shave and bobs your uncle
You'll have to get a nice photo so as we can see the 2 of you on your big night out
Old May 15th 2005, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bet she looks fab! Like her style with the back-up shoes, must remember that one. Hope you both had a great time
Old May 15th 2005, 2:00 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

HHHmmmmm " been a bloke" is that past tense, is there something you need to tell us?
20 minutes to get ready my ass, that shave of yours takes an hour alone, with all the different poncey lotions etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.