Posh Do???

Old May 13th 2005, 1:59 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Posh Do???

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
Now this would lead me to believe that "something" happened at a previous company do...

Actually not .. they are a big US company (80,000 employees) and have a bloody rule for everything, you cant actually bring alcohol into the work place (or guns apparently :scared: )

When I worked for them in Spain and Italy they tried to stop wine and beer being served in the canteen - nearly had a mutiny on their hands and backed down

- anyway Woodseys driving
Old May 13th 2005, 2:16 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by izibear
Oh, I'm with the ladies. Dillards also has really nice frocks for a goodly price
<snort> don't you mean Godly?

Maybe I'm just poor but I think Dillards is rather pricey I'd stick with J.C Penny's or better yet Ross, Marshalls or T.J Max
Old May 13th 2005, 4:22 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Maybe they sell the rejects down here in FL?

I recall being invited to a really posh do a few years ago, and couldn't find a pair of stilettos in the entire city, and no, I am not kidding!!! It has changed a lot the last three or so years, but the first years here were impossible, shoe wise....
Old May 13th 2005, 1:04 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Posh Do???

Can you believe that I can't find a pair of espadrilles (shoes with a wedge heel and lacy ties for the ankles) anywhere...

I can't understand it, the 'boho' (bohemian) look is in fashion this Summer and I have one of those gypsy skirts with sequins on....yet I can't find any shoes to go with them. I don't want to wear flip-flops, yet I haven't even seen any nice leather sandals either (the sort of thing to be found on any British high street or a market in Spain, Italy, Greece etc). I can't even find any ethnic-type necklaces here either.

It's so irritating - I have some of the latest UK editions of Marie-Claire and Cosmo and all the shoes and accessories I want are featured in the mags and can be found in River Island, Debenhams, New Look, Monsoon, Accessorize and believe it or not, the Florence & Fred range in Tescos!

I can't understand it that I go into shops here like The Limited, the Gap, Express, Banana Republic and there is so much conformity with little variation from one Summer to the next?
Old May 13th 2005, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Can you believe that I can't find a pair of espadrilles (shoes with a wedge heel and lacy ties for the ankles) anywhere...

I can't understand it, the 'boho' (bohemian) look is in fashion this Summer and I have one of those gypsy skirts with sequins on....yet I can't find any shoes to go with them. I don't want to wear flip-flops, yet I haven't even seen any nice leather sandals either (the sort of thing to be found on any British high street or a market in Spain, Italy, Greece etc). I can't even find any ethnic-type necklaces here either.

It's so irritating - I have some of the latest UK editions of Marie-Claire and Cosmo and all the shoes and accessories I want are featured in the mags and can be found in River Island, Debenhams, New Look, Monsoon, Accessorize and believe it or not, the Florence & Fred range in Tescos!

I can't understand it that I go into shops here like The Limited, the Gap, Express, Banana Republic and there is so much conformity with little variation from one Summer to the next?
Macy's seem to have a good range this summer.... Take a look.

http://www.macys.com/catalog/index.o...Type=EverGreen

The leather strap flats on page 7 are nice.... http://www.macys.com/catalog/index.o...198*7*12*-1*-1

Loads on page 10..... OMG!!!! You have me window shopping online in Macy's now!!!!!! I am soooooooo Jealous.........

hey ho.... back to Quality Seconds for me... LOL
Old May 13th 2005, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

I'v also found that fashion is way behind over here!!! Maybe diffrent in N.Y tho.
Old May 13th 2005, 2:08 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I can empathise - I always have problems finding pretty yet comfortable summer sandals. There seem to be just 2 extremes: flimsy high-heals vs Birkenstocks...
Old May 13th 2005, 2:55 pm
Unknown quantity

New in NY will become famous soon enough

Believe it or not, even in NYC I can't find nice and comfortable shoes (or maybe I just don't know where to go), so ended up ordering sandals from Nordstroms.com, not cheap but at least got what I wanted.
Old May 13th 2005, 3:18 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by New in NY
Believe it or not, even in NYC I can't find nice and comfortable shoes (or maybe I just don't know where to go), so ended up ordering sandals from Nordstroms.com, not cheap but at least got what I wanted.
Yes I can believe it - I'm quite close to NYC so I have looked there. The only interesting shop is Urban Outfitters but the clothes are badly made and expensive for what they are.

There are some of those large shoe stores here in NJ (I think they're called DMC or similar) and most of the shoes seem to be those elaborate OTT Italian dress shoes which look like they'd give you blisters if you wore them for more than an hour LOL!

My friend is a fit model in the NYC fashion industry (she's a 'perferct' size 8 and fits for The Limited, American Eagle, Talbots, Michael Kors, Hilfiger etc.) and even she complains about the dull styles in the shops here....

Ho hum. I'm going off to our local mall soon to see what's in Macy's and Nordstrom's.....thanks HM but the only pair of espadrilles in your link were in horrible stripes....I just want plain black and beige ideally!
Old May 13th 2005, 3:57 pm
Unknown quantity

New in NY will become famous soon enough

There are some of those large shoe stores here in NJ (I think they're called DMC or similar) and most of the shoes seem to be those elaborate OTT Italian dress shoes which look like they'd give you blisters if you wore them for more than an hour LOL!
I know everything about blisters since I don't have a car and walk a lot LOL. But I just can't bring myself to wear white socks and white sneakers with office wear...
Old May 13th 2005, 5:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

... Gap, Express, Banana Republic and there is so much conformity with little variation from one Summer to the next?
It's so they can make cheap and sell every year the same old shite...

But I think we get gipped in maine and they just send the shite here that they can't flog else where because it's pants...gap, old navy, all really badly made...
And then the really cheap is really shite, and such a jump to decent designer makes...which you don't see in maine often...

Nothing middle ground that's good and cheap like River Island, Oasis, Top Shop, Next...the missus misses miss selfridges, really cheap, but good for the season type clothes....
Old May 13th 2005, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I can believe it - I'm quite close to NYC so I have looked there. The only interesting shop is Urban Outfitters but the clothes are badly made and expensive for what they are.

My friend is a fit model in the NYC fashion industry (she's a 'perferct' size 8 and fits for The Limited, American Eagle, Talbots, Michael Kors, Hilfiger etc.) and even she complains about the dull styles in the shops here....

Ho hum. I'm going off to our local mall soon to see what's in Macy's and Nordstrom's.....thanks HM but the only pair of espadrilles in your link were in horrible stripes....I just want plain black and beige ideally!
How about this then.....

http://espadrillesetc.com/ups.htm Black basic wedge $58 plus shipping!!!!!!

OMG....

Perhaps I should start a business... LOL

Oh there's this one too.. http://www.123voyage.com/realsw/tres...spadrilles.htm

Try a search..... May come up trumps...

Quick edit here.... Do an ebay search for black espadrilles... There's loads... About $20

Last edited by honeymommy; May 13th 2005 at 5:50 pm.
Old May 13th 2005, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
I'v also found that fashion is way behind over here!!! Maybe diffrent in N.Y tho.
Have to agree, clothes over here are appalling, even in LA, of course if you're loaded its O.K but for your average person, nothing, I love BCBG but I recently paid $150 for a top and after wearing it once all the sequins fell off.. I dream of having a store like Top Shop, when I was over in the UK a few weeks ago I could of bought the whole shop,but the exchange rate being as it is at the moment.. The closest thing I've found is Urban Outfitters but the quality can be a bit rough sometimes. Teenagers seem to be well catered for but thats about it.
I even think that kids clothes are pretty crap, Gap is o.k but expensive whereas Next had the most fabulous kids clothes and excellent quality too..
Old May 13th 2005, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I have just come home after going to the mall for some new summer clothes, shoes and handbag but I came back with absolutely nothing. Everything I saw was either for young women or grannies, nothing in between. I couldn't even find a decent bra that fitted me. I even called in at DSW and out of the hundreds of pairs of shoes to choose from I didn't like any. I can't wait to go back to England in July and buy some decent stuff.
Old May 13th 2005, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandpete
I have just come home after going to the mall for some new summer clothes, shoes and handbag but I came back with absolutely nothing. Everything I saw was either for young women or grannies, nothing in between. I couldn't even find a decent bra that fitted me. I even called in at DSW and out of the hundreds of pairs of shoes to choose from I didn't like any. I can't wait to go back to England in July and buy some decent stuff.
know what you mean, my trip back times perfectly with Tops shops sale..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.