Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Please excuse my Noobiness.....

Please excuse my Noobiness.....

Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:22 am
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Phychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please excuse my Noobiness.....

Originally Posted by sime303
Hey if you come then at least you'd get to see some fireworks
I figured it would increase the hotel costs but looking at the prices, it's not too bad considering

The plan to propose during the July 4th celebrations could be an absolute corker as well.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:22 am
LAL
Mad Geordie Spaniard

LAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud ofLAL has much to be proud of
Wink Re: Please excuse my Noobiness.....

But being a girl...
Hey girls...
Can you imagine being proposed to on the Empire State Building on July 4th.....
How romantic????
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:23 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAL
LOL yeah I had thought about that and then thought OMG he's looking for cheap flights around July 4th...
Had crossed my mind too. 3 times I wouldn't fly 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I did however fly back home at Christmas last year, so I went against my third rule. Hey, I hadn't had Christmas in England for 7 years
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:24 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phychlone
I figured it would increase the hotel costs but looking at the prices, it's not too bad considering

The plan to propose during the July 4th celebrations could be an absolute corker as well.
Oh mate, top of the ESB with firewroks going off all around. You know she isn't saying no lol
Old Mar 29th 2008, 2:24 am
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Phychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond reputePhychlone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LAL
LOL yeah I had thought about that and then thought OMG he's looking for cheap flights around July 4th...
5 day break in currently coming in at £1250 for both of us which is £700 dearer than Rome but hey, you only live once, and Rome's a damn sight nearer meaning we can go anytime.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:07 am
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Originally Posted by LAL
But being a girl...
Hey girls...
Can you imagine being proposed to on the Empire State Building on July 4th.....
How romantic????
I've put it off long enough, we've been together 10 years this year and have 2 children. What makes it worse is one of my Pals have known his GF for about 7 weeks and has proposed. This has led to LOTS of badgering from friends and relatives, so I thought, I know I'll do it the most romantic way possible....and here I am about to become a US citizen just so I can pop the question
Old Mar 29th 2008, 4:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant!!
Old Mar 29th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

My GF is IRISH and we have 2 Children.
Hmmm, you do realise your kids have a path to Triple-Citizenship!?

You can't pass US citizenship to them immediately since you've never lived there, though the path through family based greencard and citizenship is relatively painless.

I assume they are already British. Through your GF, the path to Irish citizenship would be easy.

So your kids could quite conceivably be British-Irish-American.

You have one of the most interesting immigration families EVER
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:14 pm
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Hmmm, you do realise your kids have a path to Triple-Citizenship!?

You can't pass US citizenship to them immediately since you've never lived there, though the path through family based greencard and citizenship is relatively painless.

I assume they are already British. Through your GF, the path to Irish citizenship would be easy.

So your kids could quite conceivably be British-Irish-American.

You have one of the most interesting immigration families EVER
I was thinking of sticking the passports into a hat and letting them choose one

Add the this, one of my brothers born in South Africa and one in Germany. This is what happens when you Mum marries a serviceman
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold

Not to put a dampner on your plans, but I have been to the Empire State a couple of times and there is nothing romantic about it, you stand in line for hours only to get to the top and find out the top is just a shop!!

Also 4th July would be nightmare - this from the ESB website:

Planning to visit the building and see the fireworks on July 4th is not a good idea. First, people come early in the day and stay until the fireworks start, so we have to stop selling tickets and admitting people late in the afternoon because the observation deck is crowded; second, only people on the east side of the deck near the fencing can see any part of the fireworks, and not that much of them, and people get very disappointed after waiting all day and not seeing the fireworks. It is best to visit another day and watch the fireworks from along the river in NYC, or in NJ, Brooklyn or Staten Island.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 1:10 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

oooh under the statue of liberty would be fab!
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:12 pm
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Originally Posted by Longy
Not to put a dampner on your plans, but I have been to the Empire State a couple of times and there is nothing romantic about it, you stand in line for hours only to get to the top and find out the top is just a shop!!

Also 4th July would be nightmare - this from the ESB website:

Planning to visit the building and see the fireworks on July 4th is not a good idea. First, people come early in the day and stay until the fireworks start, so we have to stop selling tickets and admitting people late in the afternoon because the observation deck is crowded; second, only people on the east side of the deck near the fencing can see any part of the fireworks, and not that much of them, and people get very disappointed after waiting all day and not seeing the fireworks. It is best to visit another day and watch the fireworks from along the river in NYC, or in NJ, Brooklyn or Staten Island.

Originally Posted by MsElui
oooh under the statue of liberty would be fab!
O.K, So any other ideas? I have reservations about the Statue of Liberty as it is my belief that there is a ferry ride involved and whilst I'm O.K on the water my OH gets sea sick on a pedelo

So, without starting another thread on this....where do I do the deed?
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

So, without starting another thread on this....where do I do the deed?
If I were me, I'd post a thread in the USA Forum titled "Where to propose in NYC?".
But that's me.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:19 pm
An Unknown Yank Fraction

Originally Posted by meauxna
If I were me, I'd post a thread in the USA Forum titled "Where to propose in NYC?".
But that's me.
Top response...I suppose I asked for that I have now created a new thread

Last edited by Phychlone; Mar 31st 2008 at 5:25 pm.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 5:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I married one couple out here ..and the guy asked me to
hold off sending the document into the state for a month

so if they fell out before the month ..the marriage did not happen ..

I made him suffer ..I delivered them the next day ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.