Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Petition to remove conditions of permanent residence

Petition to remove conditions of permanent residence

Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Petition to remove conditions of permanent residence

Originally Posted by feardox
you're right on that. But the amount of stress they give out to those that work hard is still not fair.
Anyways it wont help yelling and barking like this. The only thing we can do is wait and get a letter/email from them. I will be waiting for that day when i get my citizenship... "Maybe in 20 years"
You can apply for citizenship whenever you're eligible, even if the I-751 is not yet adjudicated. It certainly shouldn't take 20 years.

Rene
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:07 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feardox
Thanks for the comment but what im saying is, All USCIS wants is money money and money.. still they cant do the job the right way.
Not really.. it's a finite sum of money (as long as you aren't paying for EADs for years and years).. especially in a marriage based case like the ones in this forum. We knew what the budget was before we filed a single petition to start.

Why are you stressed out over the I-751?
Old Apr 18th 2009, 7:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

Why are you stressed out over the I-751?
Yup why are you? The I-751 is the most non-priority petition in the USCIS catalogue of petitions. You are and will remain a PR until it is adjudicated. You can still apply for naturalization; you can still work; you can still travel; you can still in the US.

As for the money aspects of the immigration process, yes, the fees have increased radically over the years but still it is a process that you wanted and want to do and not something that is free of charge in most any other country.

As for your rant about Obama and an increase in taxes, I don't see that our taxes are or will be increased in the near future. At least those of the lower and middle class population of the US.

Appreciate your need to rant, however, and hope you have gotten it out of your system. Have a great weekend.
Old Apr 19th 2009, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

maggster will become famous soon enoughmaggster will become famous soon enough

My I751 application was transferred from Vermont to California on 3rd March and I received my approval letter on April 4th with an approval date of March 31st. Letter came from Atlanta office.
My online status still shows as pending - I never received a letter regarding the transfer and was surprised when I got the approval letter. My online status on USCIS page still shows the date of biometrics - no updates since.
Keep watching your mailbox - I am sure it won't be long before your approval letter arrives.