Pet Warning

Old Jun 1st 2004, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

Sibs, I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune ... I know how attached we are to our furry companions. Please accept big hugs from me and Harry (my cat).

I am so worried about taking Harry out to Tucson. My mother in law says that owls are a problem out there as well and are known to take small animals.

Again, big hugs - hope it helps.

Heather xxx
Old Jun 1st 2004, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Cygnus is an unknown quantity at this point

Sibsie,

I am so sorry to read about your loss I'm just so glad that my 2 cats are already house cats, they didn't thank me for it initially, but I am sure thanking myself now!

Josie
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about your kitty
We had two big geese that were eaten by coyotes too, but luckily no cats. I guess coyotes have started to come back around this area too for some reason
Old Jun 2nd 2004, 2:42 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone. It really does mean a lot. I'm still totally gutted as is my other half and Raffi's sister.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 5:49 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

My condolences. Cats here are strictly housecats. My husband lost a cat several years ago to coyotes when he lived in the valley - he was calling it at dusk and it was being defiant and refused to come in. He watched the coyotes take it right in front of him but was too far away to do anything. Another cat survived by crawling underneath some rocks and stayed there until he found it whilst searching, it was so weak it could hardly call out but was too afraid to head home.

They have also been known to take small dogs and children. They attacked adults last year in South Lake in broad daylight, going up to people and biting them in the street.

You are not supposed to shoot them here, I see them all of the time, saw one crossing the road in front of my car this evening as a matter of fact. I am generally very respectful of wildlife but well, coyotes I am not too fond of. I don't like things that would eat my family members

If they threatened my pet or my family directly I think somehow I'd shoot them and take my chances with the Sherrif's dept.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 12:11 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
I'd shoot them and take my chances with the Sherrif's dept.

Remind me not to annoy you.
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 2:53 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lairdside
If they threatened my pet or my family directly I think somehow I'd shoot them and take my chances with the Sherrif's dept.
So sorry to hear that your hubby had this too.

Yes I know exactly how you feel. We've got a local campaign going to try and do something about it in the area. I've joined it. The best thing that Mass Wildlife Protection could come up with, was to keep all pets, including dogs and children inside at all times!
Old Jun 3rd 2004, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

LadyTyger will become famous soon enough

Sorry for your loss sibsie
Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Henry George is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sibsie

Yes I know exactly how you feel. We've got a local campaign going to try and do something about it in the area. I've joined it. The best thing that Mass Wildlife Protection could come up with, was to keep all pets, including dogs and children inside at all times!
These animals were here a long time before you or your cat were ever here, YOU are invading there territory NOT the other way round!!! What you suggest they do put anything that may be of danger to your cat in a cage??? Or why not just shoot 'em all!!!
Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Henry George
These animals were here a long time before you or your cat were ever here, YOU are invading there territory NOT the other way round!!! What you suggest they do put anything that may be of danger to your cat in a cage??? Or why not just shoot 'em all!!!
And before you all accuse me of being a troll or a fake here is my cat with my girlfriend. I don't let him out because of the fear of being shot by gang members. Do reaserch about your area before you let your pets out is the lesson of the day!!!
Attached Thumbnails Pet Warning-melbie.jpg  

Last edited by Henry George; Jun 5th 2004 at 1:16 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

And before you all accuse me of being a troll or a fake here is my cat with my girlfriend. I don't let him out because of the fear of being shot by gang members. Do reaserch about your area before you let your pets out is the lesson of the day!!!

Only joking! That is not my cat! Here he is....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
willia-r1-20.jpg (874.8 KB, 122 views)
Old Jun 5th 2004, 1:34 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Do us all a favor..learn how to resize a pic... and learn how to delete a posting ...
Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karen D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud ofKaren D has much to be proud of

Actually wankstain, FYI (not that you really give a shit):

"the first eastern coyotes in New York State were documented in the 1920's. By the 1930's, coyotes had been documented in Maine, and int he 1940's Vermont (1942) and New Hampshire (1944). They were first reported in Massachusetts in 1957 and in Connecticut in 1958...

Taken from:http://www.state.ri.us/dem/programs/...df/coyotes.pdf

And:

"American Shorthair - This cat's proud claim to fame is it came over on the Mayflower..."
(http://www.sniksnak.com/catcyclopedia.html)

"The first Burmese cat was brought to San Francisco, California, USA in 1930 "
(http://www.catsinfo.com/burmese.html)

So cats were here in New England way before coyotes were, and as for them being here before humans... Dumbass indeed

And to Sibsie, you already have my condolences and I know that a stinking, shit spouting piece of crap like this troll tosser Henry George won't bother you. Look forward to catching up with you and Mr S very soon.
Old Jun 5th 2004, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Warning

I'm so sorry Sibsie. {{{Hugs}}}

Originally posted by sibsie
A quick word of warning to anyone bringing over pets, especially cats and small dogs to the New England area.

On Thursday my wonderful Burmese cat who had been all over the place with me and moved countries twice with me was taken by a coyote. He wasn't out foraging in the woods, he was on the deck early morning.

After speaking to my local police and animal control, I've found out that I'm not alone and that several cats have gone in the last couple of months in my neighbourhood. Apparently coyotes are becoming a huge problem, especially in Mass which has heavily restricted the laws on controlling the coyote population. As I live on an island, the coyotes that are born here, stay here. Coyotes in Mass are also in very heavily built up areas too.

If you are bringing your cats over, try and keep them in as much as possible, and certainly from dusk til dawn.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:27 am
C.G.D.S

Thanks for that Karen. See you and Mr Karen soon.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.