Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pet Peeves peculiar to living in the USofA

Pet Peeves peculiar to living in the USofA

Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pet Peeves peculiar to living in the USofA

Just to bump this one up....

Incessant TV repeats, especially half way through a series, WTF, nothing on all week because of repeats...
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bob
Just to bump this one up....

Incessant TV repeats, especially half way through a series, WTF, nothing on all week because of repeats...
...and you know who's the worst, BBC America! I wish they would put something decent on for once rather than bloody changing rooms!
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:38 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by immunise
...and you know who's the worst, BBC America! I wish they would put something decent on for once rather than bloody changing rooms!
I gave up on BBCA a long time ago. I might consider getting it again if they started playing shows like Only Fools & Horses, I'm not holding my breath though.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:40 pm
Wurzel turned redneck

nxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of lightnxylas is a glorious beacon of light

Talking of TV, how about gory movies like Die Hard being shown at 4pm with the swearing muted out but the violence intact. What's that all about? I mean, it's not as if it becomes suitable for family viewing just because Bruce Willis says "Geronimo" instead of "yippie-ki-yay, mother****er" (which, let's face it, is the only line of dialogue that anyone remembers from the movie). I'd much rather see these films unedited after the watershad.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:45 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nxylas
Talking of TV, how about gory movies like Die Hard being shown at 4pm with the swearing muted out but the violence intact. What's that all about? I mean, it's not as if it becomes suitable for family viewing just because Bruce Willis says "Geronimo" instead of "yippie-ki-yay, mother****er" (which, let's face it, is the only line of dialogue that anyone remembers from the movie). I'd much rather see these films unedited after the watershad.
I remember seeing the movie Porky's on Comedy Central a while ago in the middle of the afternoon, and with all the rude bits and swearing taken out. That coupled with the ad break every 5 minutes made the movie unwatchable.
Old Jan 21st 2005, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
I gave up on BBCA a long time ago. I might consider getting it again if they started playing shows like Only Fools & Horses, I'm not holding my breath though.

Oh aye it's total crap! However it does have 'Gordon Ramsays Kitchen Nightmares' ('Ramsays Kitchen Hell' in the UK) but that's it. I got HBO just for Da Ali G show.

Finally, has anyone watched House MD....what the hell is going on with Hugh Laurie? Did all the marbles fall out of his mouth?
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:09 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Monday nights aren't bad...but at least you know there always showing repeats, what pisses me off, in the middle of CSI, Medical Investigation, House, etc, they start to show a string of repeats for no reason...
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by nxylas
...I'd much rather see these films unedited after the watershad.
that's the problem, there isn't a watershed....really silly ain't it...
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 2:11 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Finally, has anyone watched House MD....what the hell is going on with Hugh Laurie? Did all the marbles fall out of his mouth?
That's not a bad show, but he's supposed to be a yank, badly, and the Oz, he's supposed to be a Brit, but badly...but there doing repeats right now...
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 12:31 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Bob
*snip*...
I just hate the phrase "People friendly" (re: photocopier advert on the telly). What a pathetic meaningless phrase. Mental note to self: never order a copier from the "people friendly" company *ahhhhhhhh*

Old Jan 23rd 2005, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bob
That's not a bad show, but he's supposed to be a yank, badly, and the Oz, he's supposed to be a Brit, but badly...but there doing repeats right now...
He's supposed to be a brit? I just know he's the wee twat the used to be in Neighbours.....now Kylie and Natalie Imbrugulia on the other hand........
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 3:05 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

He's supposed to be a brit? I just know he's the wee twat the used to be in Neighbours.....now Kylie and Natalie Imbrugulia on the other hand........
aye, he's supposed to be a brit...there's another oz soap geek from home and away that I noticed in King Arthur....
Old Jan 23rd 2005, 4:24 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
I just hate the phrase "People friendly" (re: photocopier advert on the telly). What a pathetic meaningless phrase. Mental note to self: never order a copier from the "people friendly" company *ahhhhhhhh*
What about a family company? That one makes me shudder.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:47 am
Franklin

Apartment buildings that get bent out of shape if you do some emergency light repair work on your motor car.

Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:49 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Franklin
Apartment buildings that get bent out of shape if you do some emergency light repair work on your motor car.
Speaking from personal experience here?

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.