Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Pension advice. Attention "Big T"

Pension advice. Attention "Big T"

Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:32 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pension advice. Attention "Big T"

Originally Posted by Elvira
I thought the point of a Roth IRA is that you fund it out of taxed income but do NOT pay tax when you take the income in retirement?

Yep! Not very good at pension stuff.
Always get them the wrong way round...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 3:40 pm
Tony M1

Tony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by fatbrit
How will the IRS view it?

So you won't be able to pull it in to a standard IRA, for example? But a Roth shouldn't be a problem. But then you're taxed at pull time.

Most UK SIPPs seem to exclude non residents.

US pensions are far superior in this respect.
I can n not advice on how to invest a cash out and I do not nor am I licensed to sell or advice on US pension provisions.

SIPP is the way to go for larger funds, however you are correct in thinking it difficult to find one for none UK residents, after all there are only 3-4 companies that do what we do in the US.

rest assured we can do it if the fund is >15k.

Like living in the US it is the same but different, ways around these things are both legal and advantageous to you the investor.

[email protected]

Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:15 pm

Chorlton is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a small Prudential personal pension (certainly less the the 15k mentioned). So next year, I will be able to take out my investment (without getting screwed by prudential) and move it to an IRA, or any other account?
Really?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony Mullaney
I can n not advice on how to invest a cash out and I do not nor am I licensed to sell or advice on US pension provisions.

SIPP is the way to go for larger funds, however you are correct in thinking it difficult to find one for none UK residents, after all there are only 3-4 companies that do what we do in the US.

rest assured we can do it if the fund is >15k.

Like living in the US it is the same but different, ways around these things are both legal and advantageous to you the investor.

[email protected]

15k dollars or pounds?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:28 pm
Tony M1

Tony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura aboutTony Mullaney has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Chorlton
I have a small Prudential personal pension (certainly less the the 15k mentioned). So next year, I will be able to take out my investment (without getting screwed by prudential) and move it to an IRA, or any other account?
Really?

Yes you will, however you will most likely have to go through an agent such as my self, we will charge a flat fee 300+/- GBP ( yet to be be determined ), if you want to get on the waiting list early as we anticipate a high demand contact me directly.

[email protected]

Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you will, however you will most likely have to go through an agent such as my self, we will charge a flat fee 300+/- GBP ( yet to be be determined ), if you want to get on the waiting list early as we anticipate a high demand contact me directly.

[email protected]

He's in sales mode, again!
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:30 pm
Tony M1

Originally Posted by fatbrit
He's in sales mode, again!

Ha ! FatBrit I can not help it i have to let people know !!!!

How you doing i have not seen much from you for a while, I was just reading the Expat telegraph online that is a big web site and all the same pension and immigration questions go on there as well as hear you would not think that there would be some many of us !!! ???

[email protected]

Did you leave a pension in the UK

Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:32 pm
Tony M1

Originally Posted by USBound
15k dollars or pounds?

That would be 15000 GBP

:
Old Oct 13th 2005, 7:47 pm
Septicity

Ha ! FatBrit I can not help it i have to let people know !!!!

How you doing i have not seen much from you for a while, I was just reading the Expat telegraph online that is a big web site and all the same pension and immigration questions go on there as well as hear you would not think that there would be some many of us !!! ???

[email protected]

Did you leave a pension in the UK

Expat Torygraph site is utter crap. Takes ages to load, does not really have a suitable format for much needed follow up questions, is heavily censored, and it's the *****in' Torygraph FFS.

If you want to help, write us an informative and useful article and send it to Paul or Sue for posting up in the Articles section. I'm sure you know the issues we all face as expats. Speaking for myself, I find sales pitches ("only 3 left", "I'm the best deal in town", etc.) just turn me off, more so since I've been in the US. This board is not your customer source. Or if it is, pay for the advertising like everybody else has to. Answers such as email me and I'll do you right are no good to anyone.