Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passports and Immigration

Passports and Immigration

Old Dec 3rd 2021, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports and Immigration

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield
That’s good to know about the attestation form thank you for doing that. Yes it has to be filled out after you have had the test.
I sure hope that nothing drastic happens with this press conference tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the information I really appreciate it.
I never filled in a multiple page form, either paper or electronic. All the documentation requirements were done with the airline, online and part of checkin. I uploaded image of vaccination card and Covid test result, which I got as a pdf from the company I used for testing (Abbott binaxNow and emed). Done this with both United and Aircanada, twice in the last 6 weeks when flying into the US. Both airlines had all the steps and process to gather the documentation I needed. The only manual and paper part was actually showing the airline the UK passenger locator form when checking in at the airport in the US before flying to the UK.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 5:07 am
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the information
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 8:07 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...travelers.html

New, more stringent Covid test requirement will be in place from 12:01 am Jan 6, next Monday. It says one day in advance of boarding. The article in todays NYT says test must be within 24 hrs of the flight. My flight is 12:05 next Thursday, so I’ll be trying to get a test Wednesday afternoon or evening ..

I had always thought that one day before the flight meant any time the previous day, but 24 hours before is a more specific (and shorter) time frame…

Edit to add; I meant to say that the actual test requirement seems the same as before. Lateral flow test, with a certificate that contains specified elements (passport ID of passenger, etc.)

Last edited by robin1234; Dec 3rd 2021 at 8:23 am.
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s one day, not 24 hrs.
”The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator. By using a 1-day window, test acceptability does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test sample was taken.

For example, if your flight is at 1pm on a Friday, you could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday.”
Old Dec 3rd 2021, 12:24 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercury39
It’s one day, not 24 hrs.
”The 1-day period is 1 day before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 1-day time frame instead of 24 hours to provide more flexibility to the air passenger and aircraft operator. By using a 1-day window, test acceptability does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test sample was taken.

For example, if your flight is at 1pm on a Friday, you could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Thursday.”
That is good to know, thanks. I had a feeling that the NYT had got it wrong on that, but I wasn’t sure!
Old Dec 8th 2021, 5:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Your OP is correct. Leave Uk and enter US on US PP.

Leave US on US PP, enter UK on UK PP. The airline in US may ask to see your UK PP as well to prove you have the right to remain in UK.

Since you are a UK resident it would not be advisable to enter the UK on a US passport as a visitor.
Old Dec 8th 2021, 10:11 pm
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Old Dec 8th 2021, 10:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and NY with your family.
Old Dec 14th 2021, 9:58 pm
fstanfield

Leaving on Thursday morning for Texas. Thank you so much for all your help. Wishing you and your family A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.God Bless!
Old Dec 14th 2021, 10:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Leaving on Thursday morning for Texas. Thank you so much for all your help. Wishing you and your family A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.God Bless!
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Safe travels.