Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passports and Immigration

Passports and Immigration

Old Nov 27th 2021, 11:51 am
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passports and Immigration

I am a dual citizen of the UK/USA. I have lived back in the UK for 3 years now.
I finally have a chance to go back and visit my kids for Xmas and New Year. I just need to know if the rules are the same as 3 years ago about which passports to use. Do I need to use my Us passport when leaving the UK and getting into the USA then on return leave the USA with my US passport and check into the UK with my British passport. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 12:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports and Immigration

Originally Posted by fiona stanfield View Post
I am a dual citizen of the UK/USA. I have lived back in the UK for 3 years now.
I finally have a chance to go back and visit my kids for Xmas and New Year. I just need to know if the rules are the same as 3 years ago about which passports to use. Do I need to use my Us passport when leaving the UK and getting into the USA then on return leave the USA with my US passport and check into the UK with my British passport. Any help would be appreciated thank you.
As a US citizen you must enter and leave the US using a US PP. You can use either to leave and enter the UK, but if you enter the UK with a US PP, you enter as a visitor.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 12:06 pm
fstanfield

fiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond reputefiona stanfield has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
Old Nov 29th 2021, 5:21 pm
fstanfield

Do you need a passenger locator form to fly from the UK to the USA or is it just on return.
Also do you get the passenger locator form off the UK Gov website.
Thank you!
Old Nov 29th 2021, 5:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need a passenger locator form to fly from the UK to the USA or is it just on return.
Thank you!
All of the info you need about requirements for entry to each country are on the below pages -

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-t...virus-covid-19

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html

Don't forget it now needs to be a PCR for your 2 day test after getting back to the UK, and you have to quarantine until you have a negative result.

HTH.
Old Nov 29th 2021, 6:29 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
I answered this question a couple of days ago, on a nearby thread. It may be that you didn’t check that thread, where you asked the question previously.
Old Nov 29th 2021, 7:00 pm
fstanfield

Thank you for all the info I appreciate it.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 9:01 am
fstanfield

I have a question about the attestation form do you just attest that you have been fully vaccinated and that’s it.
I see some places where it says I attest that I have made the following arrangements.
To be tested with the COVID viral test 3-5 days after arriving. Is that if you have had the virus or do you just leave everything else blank without answering it. Thank you in advance.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 9:13 am
fstanfield

I also wanted to ask on the PCR 2 day tests, I leave on the 16th Dec and return on the 20th Jan would it be ok to send for the test now so it’s here for when I get back or do I have to order it 2 days before. Thanks!
Old Dec 1st 2021, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond reputeMercury39 has a reputation beyond repute

I also wanted to ask on the PCR 2 day tests, I leave on the 16th Dec and return on the 20th Jan would it be ok to send for the test now so it’s here for when I get back or do I have to order it 2 days before. Thanks!
order it now. You will need the test reference number in order to complete the passenger locator form, which you will do before you leave the US when returning to the UK.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 12:07 pm
fstanfield

Thank you!
Old Dec 1st 2021, 1:51 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like the rules to enter US might change tomorrow. Test prior to departure for the US might be changing to max one day prior to boarding flight, instead of three days as it is now. Oh dear.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ules-us-entry/

(article free to access)
Old Dec 1st 2021, 2:25 pm
fstanfield

Oh dear! Thank you.
I am so glad that I checked my emails as I was on the web site ready to book a test for the Antigen Lateral Flow test 3 days before. I will keep checking though.
I am going to send for my PCR 2 day test though even though I don’t get back till the 20th January then I know I have it. Thanks again.
Do you by any chance know anything about the attestation form. Do you just have to mark that you attest that you have had the test and leave all the rest blank, I am kind of puzzled with it all.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 3:52 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Oh dear! Thank you.
I am so glad that I checked my emails as I was on the web site ready to book a test for the Antigen Lateral Flow test 3 days before. I will keep checking though.
I am going to send for my PCR 2 day test though even though I don’t get back till the 20th January then I know I have it. Thanks again.
Do you by any chance know anything about the attestation form. Do you just have to mark that you attest that you have had the test and leave all the rest blank, I am kind of puzzled with it all.
This is all new to me, too. But a quick look at the form seems to indicate that, although it is several pages long, if one is fully vaccinated, it is just a couple of places to check, and sign the form. Is this done at check-in? I don’t know. The form says it is “fillable,” i.e able to be completed online, but it didn’t appear to be fillable, when I tried.

Also, the form refers to a Covid test in the prior three days, so maybe the form will need to be updated?
Old Dec 1st 2021, 4:09 pm
fstanfield

That’s good to know about the attestation form thank you for doing that. Yes it has to be filled out after you have had the test.
I sure hope that nothing drastic happens with this press conference tomorrow. Thank you so much for all the information I really appreciate it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.