Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport stamps. Is it worth......

Passport stamps. Is it worth......

Old Oct 13th 2002, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport stamps. Is it worth......

Making copies of the passport stamps from the port of entry of all my trips to America to see my fiancee? The reason I ask is, we have a ton of evidence as far as my Old tickets, plane seating stubs and copies of the receipts from purchasing the tickets. But of all those 8 trips, only one is through the POE where my fiancee lives(this because there is only 1 direct service from the UK to Phoenix) We already have loads of evidence to provide for the initial I-129f and my embassy interview, but just curious to know if anybody thinks this may hinder the process?

Cheers
Old Oct 13th 2002, 5:25 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport stamps. Is it worth......

Originally posted by Pimpbot:
Making copies of the passport stamps from the port of entry of all my trips to America to see my fiancee? The reason I ask is, we have a ton of evidence as far as my Old tickets, plane seating stubs and copies of the receipts from purchasing the tickets. But of all those 8 trips, only one is through the POE where my fiancee lives(this because there is only 1 direct service from the UK to Phoenix) We already have loads of evidence to provide for the initial I-129f and my embassy interview, but just curious to know if anybody thinks this may hinder the process?

Cheers
I think as long as you have photographs of the two of you together to accompany the tickets/boarding passes, etc you already have, you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

If you still feel unsure though, go ahead and make a copy of your passport in full -- that is, every page, stamped or not. It can't really hurt your chances, but I honestly think you'll be ok without it.

~ Jenney
Old Oct 13th 2002, 7:28 pm
Steggy

Default Re: Passport stamps. Is it worth......

Pimpbot wrote:
    > Making copies of the passport stamps from the port of entry of all my
    > trips to America to see my fiancee? The reason I ask is, we have a ton
    > of evidence as far as my Old tickets, plane seating stubs and copies of
    > the receipts from purchasing the tickets. But of all those 8 trips, only
    > one is through the POE where my fiancee lives(this because there is only
    > 1 direct service from the UK to Phoenix) We already have loads of
    > evidence to provide for the initial I-129f and my embassy interview, but
    > just curious to know if anybody thinks this may hinder the process?
    > Cheers
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

They never asked me for that. When you have the interview in
the UK you can just show them your passport. If they ask
The interview in your homeland is not to determine your
connection with your fiancee, I get the feeling. It is more
a check on your juridical past, medical condition and stuff
like that.
By the way: everybody calls that an interview, my experience
was just a small exchange of words at the window. (Amsterdam).

The Greencard interview in America is more focused on
establishing that you guys are really and sincerely married.
--
steg