Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport return timescale

Passport return timescale

Old Jan 28th 2015, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

soopahoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport return timescale

I have attended and been successful at my immigrant visa interview. I would like to know other members experience in the actual time they had to wait to receive their passports via the courier after the interview date.

Time stated by the embassy is 2 weeks, but it could be sooner. Please can other members state the actual time it took in their case and particularly if it was sooner than the 2 weeks.

thank you
Old Jan 28th 2015, 1:10 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport return timescale

Originally Posted by soopahoop
I have attended and been successful at my immigrant visa interview. I would like to know other members experience in the actual time they had to wait to receive their passports via the courier after the interview date.

Time stated by the embassy is 2 weeks, but it could be sooner. Please can other members state the actual time it took in their case and particularly if it was sooner than the 2 weeks.

thank you
2 weeks is pretty much the average. Might be quicker, might take longer. YMMV.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

So how long did you wait for yours. 2 weeks, less than 2 weeks or longer than 2 weeks?

Your 1st response didn't actually answer the question. I was looking for answers from people who could remember the actual time it took. I know what is quoted.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 2:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

I sent my application December 19 2014 and it arrived January 10 2015., so about 3 weeks. Sent daughter's application the same day as mine and I just checked her application status and her passport is due to arrive this week - 6 weeks approx. I chose not to expedite the applications as I had no plans to travel until February.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Your 1st response didn't actually answer the question.
Hardly matters since it varies.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 3:50 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

So how long did you wait for yours. 2 weeks, less than 2 weeks or longer than 2 weeks?

Your 1st response didn't actually answer the question. I was looking for answers from people who could remember the actual time it took. I know what is quoted.
I know it didn't. Because our timescales will match?

The average is 2 weeks.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 3:51 pm
Hoppity hop...

Originally Posted by mandpete
I sent my application December 19 2014 and it arrived January 10 2015., so about 3 weeks. Sent daughter's application the same day as mine and I just checked her application status and her passport is due to arrive this week - 6 weeks approx. I chose not to expedite the applications as I had no plans to travel until February.
He's not applying for a passport, he's waiting for his to be returned to him after his immigrant visa interview.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:10 pm
Trash Eatin' Duck

English88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond reputeEnglish88 has a reputation beyond repute

I was approved on a Tuesday and passport was delivered Sunday so ~5 days for me. This was in October last year.

I'm sure it'll vary for everyone though. I know you're probably excited and want to hear everyone saying it'll come sooner but you never know.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that answer. Just what I need to get a view of the real average time.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

The average is two weeks.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Thanks,

How long did yours take ? and can you copy me the data you used to get to your average please.

I.e. How many people responded to you with their actual time for return of passport and what were these values in days.

Thank you
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Why do you want it?

But no, you can't get my data.

Last edited by Hotscot; Jan 28th 2015 at 5:04 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 5:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Soopahoop,

Are you getting an immigrant visa based on marriage to a US citizen?

Rene