Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Renewal

Passport Renewal

Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

britchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud of
Default Passport Renewal

Do I need someone to countersign my passport photo's and forms, seeing as it is a renewal? I ask because where the countersignee signs, it asks whether they are a British Citizen. Obviously if I live in an itty-bitty Wisconsin town you don't stumble upon other fellow Brits very often.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Renewal

Originally Posted by britchick95
Do I need someone to countersign my passport photo's and forms, seeing as it is a renewal? I ask because where the countersignee signs, it asks whether they are a British Citizen. Obviously if I live in an itty-bitty Wisconsin town you don't stumble upon other fellow Brits very often.
No renewals don't need to be countersigned.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:10 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Mine did. Says so on the form. But you don't have to have a Brit do it. They just need to be a professional, ie. engineer, accountant, doctor etc., and have known you for 2+ years.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Depends. If your appearance is quite a bit different to the existing passport, you'll need a countersignature. i.e. now wear glasses, hair color is different, you have facial hair (especially if you're a female)...
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

britchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud ofbritchick95 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Celsius
Depends. If your appearance is quite a bit different to the existing passport, you'll need a countersignature. i.e. now wear glasses, hair color is different, you have facial hair (especially if you're a female)...
Hmm, well I do try and keep my beard nice and short, lol. I did just find on the BritUsa website that they don't need to be signed. Guess I'll just send it in and hope for the best.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

helens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to allhelens is a name known to all

Hmm, well I do try and keep my beard nice and short, lol. I did just find on the BritUsa website that they don't need to be signed. Guess I'll just send it in and hope for the best.
Not sure if this helps, but I've just completed the form for my husband in the UK and he only needed the photo's signed if his appearance had changed significantly. Well to be honest his original photo he had glasses on and his new one he didn't but still no requirement for a signature.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to beholdPharrya is a splendid one to behold

Did mine about a month ago, and didn't get it countersigned, and I got it back in about 3 weeks.

You only have to do it if your appearance has changed a fair bit. I only have a few more wrinkles....
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
unless you've significantly changed since the last pastport, like if you were a kid...
Old Oct 9th 2007, 7:31 pm
And YOU'RE paying for it!

lapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond reputelapin_windstar has a reputation beyond repute

When I went to Petty France to renew (a while ago), the chav next to me didn't know anyone "professional" to sign his photos for him, so he got the off licence owner to do it! Naturally, they were accepted. It's a pretty pointless exercise anyway.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

wtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond reputewtkp0u has a reputation beyond repute

I did just find on the BritUsa website that they don't need to be signed.
Got a link for that?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wtkp0u
Got a link for that?
Yep, here you go:

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25312