British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Passport Renewal (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/passport-renewal-486246/)

britchick95 Oct 9th 2007 4:41 pm

Passport Renewal
 
Do I need someone to countersign my passport photo's and forms, seeing as it is a renewal? I ask because where the countersignee signs, it asks whether they are a British Citizen. Obviously if I live in an itty-bitty Wisconsin town you don't stumble upon other fellow Brits very often.

nethead Oct 9th 2007 4:48 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by britchick95 (Post 5405171)
Do I need someone to countersign my passport photo's and forms, seeing as it is a renewal? I ask because where the countersignee signs, it asks whether they are a British Citizen. Obviously if I live in an itty-bitty Wisconsin town you don't stumble upon other fellow Brits very often.

No renewals don't need to be countersigned.

Maz Oct 9th 2007 5:10 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 5405189)
No renewals don't need to be countersigned.

Mine did. Says so on the form. But you don't have to have a Brit do it. They just need to be a professional, ie. engineer, accountant, doctor etc., and have known you for 2+ years.

Celsius Oct 9th 2007 5:14 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by britchick95 (Post 5405171)
Do I need someone to countersign my passport photo's and forms, seeing as it is a renewal? I ask because where the countersignee signs, it asks whether they are a British Citizen. Obviously if I live in an itty-bitty Wisconsin town you don't stumble upon other fellow Brits very often.

Depends. If your appearance is quite a bit different to the existing passport, you'll need a countersignature. i.e. now wear glasses, hair color is different, you have facial hair (especially if you're a female)...

britchick95 Oct 9th 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by Celsius (Post 5405238)
Depends. If your appearance is quite a bit different to the existing passport, you'll need a countersignature. i.e. now wear glasses, hair color is different, you have facial hair (especially if you're a female)...

Hmm, well I do try and keep my beard nice and short, lol. I did just find on the BritUsa website that they don't need to be signed. Guess I'll just send it in and hope for the best.

helens Oct 9th 2007 5:29 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by britchick95 (Post 5405241)
Hmm, well I do try and keep my beard nice and short, lol. I did just find on the BritUsa website that they don't need to be signed. Guess I'll just send it in and hope for the best.

Not sure if this helps, but I've just completed the form for my husband in the UK and he only needed the photo's signed if his appearance had changed significantly. Well to be honest his original photo he had glasses on and his new one he didn't but still no requirement for a signature.

Pharrya Oct 9th 2007 6:24 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 
Did mine about a month ago, and didn't get it countersigned, and I got it back in about 3 weeks.

You only have to do it if your appearance has changed a fair bit. I only have a few more wrinkles....

Bob Oct 9th 2007 7:00 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by nethead (Post 5405189)
No renewals don't need to be countersigned.

unless you've significantly changed since the last pastport, like if you were a kid...

lapin_windstar Oct 9th 2007 7:31 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 
When I went to Petty France to renew (a while ago), the chav next to me didn't know anyone "professional" to sign his photos for him, so he got the off licence owner to do it! Naturally, they were accepted. It's a pretty pointless exercise anyway.

wtkp0u Oct 9th 2007 9:11 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by britchick95 (Post 5405241)
I did just find on the BritUsa website that they don't need to be signed.

Got a link for that?

britchick95 Oct 9th 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Passport Renewal
 

Originally Posted by wtkp0u (Post 5406109)
Got a link for that?

Yep, here you go:

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25312


All times are GMT. The time now is 8:20 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.