Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Wooglin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

The website now says there is "high seasonal demand" for passports. Well, perhaps now, but not in late October when I mailed the damn thing!!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

I got a reply back from Washington. Careline is wrong. The consular staff told me that it is not stuck and can't understand why they would give me such information. And I PAID for this wonderful Careline service!
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

welshwer is an unknown quantity at this point

i have been waiting 6 weeks for my kids passports, called careline last week got a phone call from washington they said there was a problem with my payment so i sent a money order off they got it on monday phoned careline again today and they said that they haven't even been proccessed yet we are due to fly to the uk on the 21st dec now i don't know what to do, it's just one big joke.
Old Dec 11th 2009, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

jamestravis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by welshwer
i have been waiting 6 weeks for my kids passports, called careline last week got a phone call from washington they said there was a problem with my payment so i sent a money order off they got it on monday phoned careline again today and they said that they haven't even been proccessed yet we are due to fly to the uk on the 21st dec now i don't know what to do, it's just one big joke.
Same thing happened to me though they sent back my application after 3 weeks. Sorry to hear about your situation
Old Dec 12th 2009, 2:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear so many of you are experiencing what seems to be appalling service from the Embassy.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I'm sorry to hear so many of you are experiencing what seems to be appalling service from the Embassy.
I don't think it is the Embassy but the private company the work has been contracted out to.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:10 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
I don't think it is the Embassy but the private company the work has been contracted out to.
And who "contracted out" the work?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 4:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Who else but the Foreign Office issues new PP's?
Old Dec 12th 2009, 5:50 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
And who "contracted out" the work?
The Identity and Passport Service is responsible for issuing UK passports and identity cards and for the registration of births, marriages and deaths in England and Wales. It is an executive agency of the Home Office.

As they are part of the Home Office and Embassies are F&CO I wonder just how much the Embassy in Washington has to do with it.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:24 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

As they are part of the Home Office and Embassies are F&CO I wonder just how much the Embassy in Washington has to do with it.
Bottom line is that the Foreign Office decided to "contract out" a service that is critical to British citizens overseas. It it perhaps symptomatic of much that has gone wrong in Britain over the last 15 years.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

I believe that it is still the Consular staff who accept the applications and handle the processing. Careline just provides the information regarding the application process and the status of current applications.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I actually dialed this number and yes I got to speak with her, she said that the USA system is different than the Canadian one but my passport is well over due and she will look into it and get some one to call me back. I sent in my passport in October, I am dead concerned since I bought my air ticket for leaving on the 23 of this month.

Thanks for the number!

Originally Posted by 1234qwer
Claire is who l spoke to, she is very understanding and her number is
(613)364-6201
her message says she cant help with passport issues but just stay on the line and leave a message anyway, she got mine moving
Old Dec 14th 2009, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Clare is the best! A asset to the British High Commission for sure. She assisted me with all the steps of my British citizenship, and she was simply amazing.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 2:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.

Originally Posted by Wooglin
Clare is the best! A asset to the British High Commission for sure. She assisted me with all the steps of my British citizenship, and she was simply amazing.
Old Dec 14th 2009, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

welshwer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jamestravis
Same thing happened to me though they sent back my application after 3 weeks. Sorry to hear about your situation
phoned careline today, 2 of my kids passports are printed but they could'nt find the 3rd one in the system so don't know what that is about hope they sort it quick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.