Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passport Delays

Passport Delays

Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by Emmad63
Hi, has anyone else had trouble trying to send the passport application status enquiry form?
I'm at my wits' end: my son's passport was received in Washington on 2nd June, and the money went out of my account 18th June. Our original travel date (15th July) has gone by without a whisper, and I am desperate. We are now rebooked to travel on the 2nd August, and we can't miss this.
Every time I try to send the status enquiry form, it gets bounced back, with a message that I am 'timed out'. If anyone knows how to get round this, I'd be so grateful!
Emma D.
We've heard of others having problems. Our technical guys have been looking into it, but it appears it could be a number of things including which web-browser you're using, or the settings on your computer. I'd love to be able to give you a quick fix for it, but it's all a bit too technical for me Try using a different computer.

Dean
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by suesann
I had the same trouble over the past few weeks and the only way I found around it was to use a different computer. I couldn't work out what the problem was. Sorry to hear of your passport delays. I've just been through a similar scenario with my childrens passports.

Have they arrived yet?

Dean
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Emmad63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Delays

Originally Posted by British Consul
We've heard of others having problems. Our technical guys have been looking into it, but it appears it could be a number of things including which web-browser you're using, or the settings on your computer. I'd love to be able to give you a quick fix for it, but it's all a bit too technical for me Try using a different computer.

Dean
Thank you all so much for your kind replies. I was using Safari, and will definitely try various engines on different computers if need be. But we got a call from UPS an hour ago saying a package is on its way, so I'm crossing fingers that it is my son's passport. And good luck to everyone out there: this has been so helpful to me over the last weeks.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

suesann is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by British Consul
Have they arrived yet?

Dean
YES!!! They arrived on Wednesday just after the lady from your office called with the tracking number... It was such a relief. Thanks again for your help. I think I may have been insane by now without it!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by suesann
YES!!! They arrived on Wednesday just after the lady from your office called with the tracking number... It was such a relief. Thanks again for your help. I think I may have been insane by now without it!
My son's passport also arrived 10 minutes ago: a great relief after some really stressful weeks.
Thanks so much for your support, and hope things go well for everyone else.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Jdatlas is an unknown quantity at this point

Doesn't it feel like you've won the lottery or something once the passport finally arrives? I was so relieved to finally receive mine. Now if I don't lose it I won't have to go through this hassle again until 2019!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jdatlas
Doesn't it feel like you've won the lottery or something once the passport finally arrives? I was so relieved to finally receive mine. Now if I don't lose it I won't have to go through this hassle again until 2019!
That's absolutely right, and is certainly a nicely upbeat way of thinking about it!
Old Jul 29th 2009, 5:40 am
Just Joined

dharrisonrand is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Passport Delays

I really need some help. My passport was stolen when my apartment was burgled at the beginning of June.

It has been 8 weeks since my Passport application was received in Washington DC and the passport still hasn't arrived.

We have a trip coming-up on Saturday August 1st and I am really worried that the passport won't be here in time.

If anyone has the contact details of someone who can help please let me know.

Thanks,

David
Old Jul 30th 2009, 1:21 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dharrisonrand
If anyone has the contact details of someone who can help please let me know.
Have a read a few posts up....
Old Jul 30th 2009, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bob. Dean has already been in touch.

As a new user of the forum I wanted to post my story to see if anyone else had suggestions.

I also needed to get a few posts in to enable the PM feature which allowed me to send more detailed information to Dean than I would like to post on a public forum.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 12:16 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone tried renewing while on a trip to the UK?

My passport expires April 2010, but I don't fancy going through the waiting game and being stuck in the US while renewing. I am also due to take a work trip to London for a week at the end of September and could spare one day for taking care of the renewal.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAn...ions/DG_174149

This webshite says:

Demand for appointments in all IPS regions is usually very high. You should therefore allow up to two weeks for your appointment date. You cannot book appointments more than two weeks in advance.
Does anyone have any experience of whether you can phone up exactly two weeks prior to the day you want an appointment and actually get an appointment for that specific day? (I'll need to plan my work trip around this so will be limited to one specific day by the time I end up phoning to ask for an appointment).

Cheers m'dears.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Passport Delays

Thanks to Dean and his staff I got my new passport just in time for my trip.

I've also bought a safe so that it doesn't get stolen again.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 6:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dharrisonrand

I've also bought a safe so that it doesn't get stolen again.
Bit impractical lugging a safe around on your travels
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

amonument74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, new member here...glad to have found this great site and expat community.
Alas, here I am floundering slightly in the middle of a passport renewal quagmire. Last wednesday I overnight fedex'd my application package to a company in Washington DC called Travel Document Systems, whom I am using to (hopfeully) expedite the process. I'm flying out of the US (again, hopefully ) on September 3rd to a film festival in France that I had the honour of being invited to for a documentary that I recently completed. The festival organizers are paying for my flight and accomodations etc. so I'm trying to tie up my passport renewal as quickly as possible.

I got my confirmation email from Fedex Thursday morning saying that TDS had signed for my package, so I sent a quick email to them that morning to double-check that eveything was A-ok. TDS replied Friday morning, asking me If i had a confirmation number!!! Aaarggghhh. I duly sent it to them, but have still heard nothing back from them as of today, Monday. I'm going to get on the phone to them this afternoon if I have still heard nothing back from their reps. Not a good start for my expedited passport process (To which, I might add, they are charging me an additional $150!!

So... a couple of questions for the forum...has anyone had any experience with TDS in DC? They seemed to be highly recommended from what I had read on various sites. I am, however, beginning to get slightly worried...

Secondly, with passport renewals, do you actually get a new passport number also, or does this stay the same as your previous number?

Thirdly, since the festival organizers are trying to confirm scheduled flight details on the 3rd and need my pasport number....is it possible for the embassy to first issue a new passport number (If, indeed the number does change) for flight booking pruposes, and then deliver the passport later? I am assuming that I can't book a flight with my old passport number, and then show up for the flight with a new one, lol.

I have read through this entire thread, and it seems that Dean is the man to ask in these situations...although I am going to wait a few days to contact him personally until I hear back from the TDS folk that they have actually submitted my application!!!

Any advice from member would be greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

mplsbrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by amonument74
Hi all, new member here...glad to have found this great site and expat community.
Alas, here I am floundering slightly in the middle of a passport renewal quagmire. Last wednesday I overnight fedex'd my application package to a company in Washington DC called Travel Document Systems, whom I am using to (hopfeully) expedite the process. I'm flying out of the US (again, hopefully ) on September 3rd to a film festival in France that I had the honour of being invited to for a documentary that I recently completed. The festival organizers are paying for my flight and accomodations etc. so I'm trying to tie up my passport renewal as quickly as possible.

I got my confirmation email from Fedex Thursday morning saying that TDS had signed for my package, so I sent a quick email to them that morning to double-check that eveything was A-ok. TDS replied Friday morning, asking me If i had a confirmation number!!! Aaarggghhh. I duly sent it to them, but have still heard nothing back from them as of today, Monday. I'm going to get on the phone to them this afternoon if I have still heard nothing back from their reps. Not a good start for my expedited passport process (To which, I might add, they are charging me an additional $150!!

So... a couple of questions for the forum...has anyone had any experience with TDS in DC? They seemed to be highly recommended from what I had read on various sites. I am, however, beginning to get slightly worried...

Secondly, with passport renewals, do you actually get a new passport number also, or does this stay the same as your previous number?

Thirdly, since the festival organizers are trying to confirm scheduled flight details on the 3rd and need my pasport number....is it possible for the embassy to first issue a new passport number (If, indeed the number does change) for flight booking pruposes, and then deliver the passport later? I am assuming that I can't book a flight with my old passport number, and then show up for the flight with a new one, lol.

I have read through this entire thread, and it seems that Dean is the man to ask in these situations...although I am going to wait a few days to contact him personally until I hear back from the TDS folk that they have actually submitted my application!!!

Any advice from member would be greatly appreciated. Fingers crossed
sorry to hear this. my understanding (and it is by no means from exhaustive research) is that these expedited service providers can't actually expedite anything. but like i say, i could be wrong. a lot of the sites i checked out looking for a similar service had a small disclaimer buried in the site that noted it may not be possible to expedite. I hope I am wrong in the case of TDS.

On a related note. I just spoke with the careline people in the uk and despite getting a standard auto email a few weeks ago saying processing times had returned to normal now, they said they had heard no such thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.