passport

Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

janine74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: passport

my husband was born here in AZ hes a US citizen. So i am sure it is going to be a lot of work............is it??
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:25 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
No. The UK Embassy are not interested in his US status. He is British...as long as you can prove that (ie his and yours birth certificates etc)...that's all they are interested in.
JG, slightly off topic, but can you remember anyone asking about children adopted in the US to a british parent, and the same issues of applying for a british passport?
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
JG, slightly off topic, but can you remember anyone asking about children adopted in the US to a british parent, and the same issues of applying for a british passport?
Mummy in the Foothills...has adopted children in the US and they have become UKC's...because they are returning to the UK.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:28 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Mummy in the Foothills...has adopted children in the US and they have become UKC's...because they are returning to the UK.
Thanks I'll look for her threads
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Thanks I'll look for her threads
Could be spelt Mummyinthefoothills.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:34 pm
Are we there yet?

Could be spelt Mummyinthefoothills.
I got it ta
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janine74
I think this topic got off track. I am Not asking about becoming a US citizen. I am not interested in that at this time. I had heard my son is eligible to have a British passport. I want him to have one instead of a US passport. can i still register his birth even though it has been 15 years.
Your naturalization as a USC is indeed something to consider later. Strangely enough, though, one of the big reasons for getting it is that you are planning on leaving. Give it some good thought after studying up on the subject. Once you've left, it's too late.

If you want your son fully documented, you'll want a consular record of birth and a UK passport. The instructions are on the ukinusa website.

One of the common stumbling blocks for those in your son's situation is not having a copy of his US birth certificate which was ISSUED close to his time of birth. Without it, the process becomes laborious. With it, it should be reasonably quick and easy.