Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Passed my TX driving test

Passed my TX driving test

Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passed my TX driving test

Originally Posted by weazie
I also drive a manual so I think she took pity on me.....
Even more worrying over here is that you can pass your test in an auto, but are then perfectly entitled to drive a manual.

My wife, who learned exclusively in autos and passed in one, borrowed a manual from her mom and managed to burn out a clutch in the space of 2-months
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
My wife said her Maine test was really quite tough and she has several friends that failed it.
It can be, depends where you take it, when I took mine, the person doing the test came from Bangor and I was the only person doing a test that day, so she took her time about it as she was bored, bit of a dill head though as she gave me a minor mark because I didn't reverse 50 feet in a straight line, but had I done that I'd have crashed into the snow bank, oh well
Old Mar 5th 2008, 5:54 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It can be, depends where you take it, when I took mine, the person doing the test came from Bangor and I was the only person doing a test that day, so she took her time about it as she was bored, bit of a dill head though as she gave me a minor mark because I didn't reverse 50 feet in a straight line, but had I done that I'd have crashed into the snow bank, oh well
Mainahs I tell ya
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:18 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

what a piece of piss..... I went the wrong way twice, i stalled the car twice, i got WAY too close to a parked car (she commented on it) and I nearly ran a stop sign. But in less than 5 minutes of sterling driving effort on my part she decided that I was a good enough driver for the San Antonio roads.

Now i understand why people drive like crap.

And I think about all the pain I had to go through to get my UK licence.

I'm surprised you noticed if you managed all of the above in 5 mins!!!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

I also drive a manual so I think she took pity on me.....
I'm glad you said that. I was confused how you'd stall an auto. Twice!!!

Enjoy your new driving career(ing around the freeways!)
Old Mar 5th 2008, 2:40 pm
The destruct-a-bunny

weazie will become famous soon enoughweazie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by anabella

I'm surprised you noticed if you managed all of the above in 5 mins!!!
In my defence, I knew I was crap (although I must add that normally I'm a much better driver ) Most people on the road don't realise it and therein lies the problem. My driving techniques involves staying as far away from people as possible.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Birt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to allBirt Tiddler is a name known to all

I was told people fly into TX to take the driving test 'cos its so easy then shoot off home and convert it locally..???

It is dead easy to be fair