PA VS NJ ??

Old Jul 17th 2016, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

UK2toUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PA VS NJ ??

Hi BE,

Maybe this question was asking before –

I have got employment in PA (Newtown square) so my questions are?

•Do you recommend living in PA or NJ? (Considering good school and family area).
•Names of good areas/townships in PA to buy a house?
•Is cost of living in PA & NJ same? ( taxes etc )

Thanks for your suggestion in advance!!
XX
Old Jul 17th 2016, 7:35 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PA VS NJ ??

Yes, it was - http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...philly-878329/

I'm not familiar with the areas so unfortunately can't help.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 3:48 am
N.Ireland / NJ

Chrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud ofChrissie85 has much to be proud of

Im not too familiar with the area you are moving to but after a quick search on google maps....if you want to live in NJ you should look in and around Hunterdon county. I live in Somerset county which is the next county over. Both are lovely and have great school systems if you have or plan on having a family.

House prices vary to be honest. But we are close to PA so your commute wouldn't be all too bad. PA can be cheaper to live in depending on where you settle.....I love PA so I would move there in a heat beat....however we are very happy where we are...its close enough

If you have questions about the area just send me a PM I will try and help best I can.
Old Jul 18th 2016, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

If it were me, I'd look at two similar houses in the two states and compare the price and living costs and all of the bullet points on city-data.com.

I suspect the biggest difference depends on whether you want to pump your own gas or not!