Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Overseas Voting

Overseas Voting

Old Feb 9th 2005, 7:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overseas Voting

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
I would imagine that if a person appeared on the UK electoral register and had not been paying then they would be easily traceable.

Didn't mean you per se. Was just being a smarty pants.
aye, but your registered as overseas', so not quite the same thing I'd imagine...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Overseas Voting

I registered as an overseas voter and got my sister to make a proxy vote for me in the last two General Elections.

Back in 1997 it seemed that the future would be brighter with the Labour Party and I voted for them (I can't remember if the govt. was still lead at that time by John Major or William Hague?) and voted for them again in the following GE.

I'm now disillusioned by Tony B liar (and feel bad for Gordon Brown as Tony was supposedly only going to run for two terms and step down in favour of Brown).

The problem is - the opposition isn't that great is it?

I honestly haven't been convinced on which party should deserve to get my vote...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 10:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
The problem is - the opposition isn't that great is it?

I honestly haven't been convinced on which party should deserve to get my vote...
That's true....but on balance...labour have had two terms to try and fix things, as far as I can tell, things are only worse, so they had there chance...
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:14 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
That's true....but on balance...labour have had two terms to try and fix things, as far as I can tell, things are only worse, so they had there chance...
How's that? Unemployment down, interest rates down, home ownership up. Sounds good to me.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 11:17 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
Are you old enough to remember what it was like with Thatcher and Major? It's a thousand times better than it was.
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:06 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
How's that? Unemployment down, interest rates down, home ownership up. Sounds good to me.
education down, nhs down, taxes way up...certainly council taxes...
Old Feb 10th 2005, 1:07 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by RoB1833
Are you old enough to remember what it was like with Thatcher and Major? It's a thousand times better than it was.
aye, i remember...she took my school milk away
but I still wouldn't say 1000 times better...and they had two terms to try improve things, they haven't....
lib dems is kind of a wasted vote though...
Old Feb 10th 2005, 4:07 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
aye, i remember...she took my school milk away
Still hurts!