Ouch !!

Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ouch !!

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
Shish Kebab,
Thanks for the post, as EM says my daughter lives in a diferent state, Virginia.
I tried adding VA instead of CA but it didn't work !
My daughter does have a green card (been here 2.5 years)
and we're both waiting for the removal of conditions interview.
Talking to her today, her boyfriend has asked her if she will stay here and have the baby.
I guess as the dad he wants to be around and doesn't want to see his girlfriend shipped off to the UK just to save a few quid.
He also asked her to marry him, but she's giving that some thought.
It's a good stable relationship (or so it seems) so I have no worries from that aspect.
Hey that sounds like some good news Roger! I'm betting it will all work out in the end....sometimes its the shock that's the worst part. Best of luck to you and your daughter.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Hey that sounds like some good news Roger! I'm betting it will all work out in the end....sometimes its the shock that's the worst part. Best of luck to you and your daughter.

Thanks for that.
But, she's still my little baby )
Old Feb 8th 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold

One nice thing is your new grandchild,can have duel nationality.
Brit/Usa.

Redlobster
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.
But, she's still my little baby )
I know...I have one as well.
Old Feb 9th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I know...I have one as well.

I've got the two (19 and 20) my other daughter lives in the UK (Leeds University)
Plus a son (24) who is doing well in the music industry in London.
Proud dad or what ?
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've got the two (19 and 20) my other daughter lives in the UK (Leeds University)
Plus a son (24) who is doing well in the music industry in London.
Proud dad or what ?
I've got 4...two sons and two daughters...had so much fun doing the first three (very very young) that I got remarried and had another (my fourth and second daughter) My oldest daughter is still living in the UK (Harrogate) and will be having her first child in about 7 weeks. Not married to the dad, but living with him, but thank god doesn't have to worry about health insurance! I do know about being a proud parent....I love all my kidlets and they're all my babies and all wonderful in my eyes.

Proud dad, of course!
Old Feb 9th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

I've got 4...two sons and two daughters...had so much fun doing the first three (very very young) that I got remarried and had another (my fourth and second daughter) My oldest daughter is still living in the UK (Harrogate) and will be having her first child in about 7 weeks. Not married to the dad, but living with him, but thank god doesn't have to worry about health insurance! I do know about being a proud parent....I love all my kidlets and they're all my babies and all wonderful in my eyes.

Proud dad, of course!

I see your oldest is near my youngest.
I reckon they'll still be my babies when I'm 80 and they're 50 (ish)
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

It's Official.
I'm to be a Grandfather
AGGGGGGGGHHHHH I'm too young.
Thanks to everyones advice and thoughts.
My daughter tried the COBRA route but was told that she has to be registered for it 9 months before pregnancy.
Her best option is Medicaid.
Still numb, but I guess I'm excited.
She told her Mother and sister in England, last night and they're both thrilled. Perhaps it's more of a female thing )
Thanks all
Old Feb 11th 2005, 12:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

It's Official.
I'm to be a Grandfather
My daughter tried the COBRA route but was told that she has to be registered for it 9 months before pregnancy.
She told her Mother and sister in England, last night and they're both thrilled. Perhaps it's more of a female thing )
Thanks all

Congratulations Grandpa (sorry, couldn't resist).

When he/she arrives you'll be thrilled to bits and he/she will be twisting you around his/her little finger from the get go. It may not be happening in quite the way you had in mind, but life seldom behaves according to plan. You will enjoy the experience just as much though.
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It's Official.
I'm to be a Grandfather
Thanks all
lol I suppose it is a female thing as well. But, congratulations!!!
Old Feb 11th 2005, 1:40 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ouch !!

Hello Granddad!

Will it be the first grandchild for the paternal grandparents? Are they thrilled too?

Congratulations and warm wishes for your daughter.