Orlando

Old Jul 12th 2017, 9:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orlando

Originally Posted by Lee1981
It's a i don't really understand what it all means

One of them says about owning a business in your own country, which I do.

But I guess there is much more to it,
it's not like I'm making millions from it, I earn a good living don't get me wrong

So Its still highly likely I expect that I wouldn't be able to get a visa
From what you say, opening a branch of your business might be a way, or investing many thousands to 'buy' a green card, think 500,000 could work.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 10:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
From what you say, opening a branch of your business might be a way, or investing many thousands to 'buy' a green card, think 500,000 could work.
Not sure opening a branch of a building biz is viable.
Old Jul 12th 2017, 11:00 am
Just Joined

Lee1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Not sure opening a branch of a building biz is viable.
Plus I don't have the financial clout mentioned above as well

Like i say I'm only at the early stages, and obviously If it's possible to get a visa based on what I currently have then great

However I'm not going to push myself to the brink to make it happen, if it's not actually gonna make sense financially then I'm gonna have to give up on it

I'll look into it more, I'm hopefully gonna fly over later in the year and have a look about and hopefully get talking to people there to see what it's like
Old Jul 12th 2017, 11:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lee1981
Plus I don't have the financial clout mentioned above as well

Like i say I'm only at the early stages, and obviously If it's possible to get a visa based on what I currently have then great

However I'm not going to push myself to the brink to make it happen, if it's not actually gonna make sense financially then I'm gonna have to give up on it

I'll look into it more, I'm hopefully gonna fly over later in the year and have a look about and hopefully get talking to people there to see what it's like
There is a lot of expense owning a house in the US. They are not built like houses in the UK and seem to need constant work. On top of that you would need to run the AC year round...even if the house was empty, employ a management company, gardener, pool, extermination service etc. You must also allow for periods when the house is empty. I'm not sure what the position is now but not long ago there was a glut of rental properties in Florida...many empty for long periods of time. When you sell the property you will be taxed on any gain. Selling is expensive...6% realtor fees.