Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Originally Posted by CarlM
Very good point - to die in Jihad is their goal. Whether its being shot by police during an attempted attack or blowing themselves up and taking a few innocents with them, they couldnt care less - their twisted minds will see it as glorious.

Their mission is to kill infidels though and cause fear and massive disruption....would getting shot before completing their mission bag them any virgins???
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:35 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
It's sad about the Brazillian, but at least it sent out the message that the police won't **** around with the bombers. We haven't had anymore bombs go off since that day, so far.

They don't need to if we are shooting each other, They got a bonus, we are now hated by a chunk of Brazil.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:36 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Oh dear - more on the unarmed Brazilian shooting in London

Originally Posted by Taffyles
Their mission is to kill infidels though and cause fear and massive disruption....would getting shot before completing their mission bag them any virgins???
Oh yeah, then they get all the ugly ones!! :scared:

Last edited by CarlM; Aug 18th 2005 at 2:37 pm.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CarlM
Oh yeah, but they just get all the ugly ones!!
How can you tell ? They all wear the yashamks.

As for the Brazilian criminal, better he died in error than an error lets another 50 people die in a bombing. You want to blame anyone blame the terrorists.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
They don't need to if we are shooting each other, They got a bonus, we are now hated by a chunk of Brazil.
We are hated in a number of countries, so one more won't make much difference. From some of the reports I read, the police lost comms once they were in the underground, they had been given the order to shoot by their commanding officer and it was their call once they had lost comms. Had the Brazillian been a suicide bomber and had killed loads of people and the police hadn't acted they would be condemned also. Hopefully next time a suicide bomber decides to blow himself up, the police don't hesitate and do what they feel is necessary to save lives. None of us where in those police shoes at the time of the shooting and I would imagine regardless of what punishment is inflicted on them, they will still have to live their lives knowing they made a dreadful mistake, and it will probably haunt them for the remainder of it, but it probably would be worse if the Brazillian had been a bomber and denoated and thousands of innocent people had died. Which one would you rather live with?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:32 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

From some of the reports I read, the police lost comms once they were in the underground, they had been given the order to shoot by their commanding officer and it was their call once they had lost comms.
If they had lost comms and developed doubt and couldn't reach their CO, they should NOT have shot. Under that scenario, if the guy had thrown his arms in the air and begged for his life in English and Portuguese, he STILL would have been shot dead.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:34 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

We are hated in a number of countries, so one more won't make much difference. From some of the reports I read, the police lost comms once they were in the underground, they had been given the order to shoot by their commanding officer and it was their call once they had lost comms. Had the Brazillian been a suicide bomber and had killed loads of people and the police hadn't acted they would be condemned also. Hopefully next time a suicide bomber decides to blow himself up, the police don't hesitate and do what they feel is necessary to save lives. None of us where in those police shoes at the time of the shooting and I would imagine regardless of what punishment is inflicted on them, they will still have to live their lives knowing they made a dreadful mistake, and it will probably haunt them for the remainder of it, but it probably would be worse if the Brazillian had been a bomber and denoated and thousands of innocent people had died. Which one would you rather live with?
Remind me not to go on the Underground if you lot are around and with guns

Let's see - I walk in, get a paper, use my season ticket to go through the turnstile, start to run because there's a train coming that I want to catch, but there are some guys following me who have lost communications with their superiors and they don't know who I am or what I'm doing, so they shoot me just in case.

Gulp.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Remind me not to go on the Underground if you lot are around and with guns

Let's see - I walk in, get a paper, use my season ticket to go through the turnstile, start to run because there's a train coming that I want to catch, but there are some guys following me who have lost communications with their superiors and they don't know who I am or what I'm doing, so they shoot me just in case.

Gulp.
We haven't heard the side of the coppers involved yet? Imagine walking in the underground minding your own business and someone stands by you, you smile and shortly later you feel your body being blown to bits... :scared:
Old Aug 18th 2005, 4:47 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't heard the side of the coppers involved yet? Imagine walking in the underground minding your own business and someone stands by you, you smile and shortly later you feel your body being blown to bits... :scared:
We aren't likely to hear their side, are we? If they acted properly they are likely to continue to do so and not speak with the press; if they did not act properly, they are hardly going to admit to it.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:35 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Enough of this bleeding heart liberal excrement!
Issue coloured bits of card, like paint samples, to all policemen and the military and tell them to go out and shoot dead, all men who look under 40 and darker than the sample, as a preemptive measure. It will make a few people angry but there is the possibility that it will prevent a bomb going off and killing "innocent" people, so it is worth it.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:38 pm
Lapine Member

Issue coloured bits of card, like paint samples, to all policemen and the military and tell them to go out and shoot dead, all men who look under 40 and darker than the sample, as a preemptive measure. It will make a few people angry but there is the possibility that it will prevent a bomb going off and killing "innocent" people, so it is worth it.
Would-be bombers would just bleach their skin a la Michael Jackson.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 5:41 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Good call Genghis - genocide is the way forward! All those in agreement shout "Go back to Brazil"
Old Aug 18th 2005, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

So paddington, you would rather have the bombers blow 50 people up than have a mistake like this ?
Old Aug 18th 2005, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

You know if the Brazillian man had got on a train along with other innocent people and it had blown up by someone else he would just have been a couple of sentences in the newspaper and life would have moved on.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Would-be bombers would just bleach their skin a la Michael Jackson.
That wouldn't work, the Brazilian was as white as a sheet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.