Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Official US vaccination record for Covid?

Official US vaccination record for Covid?

Old Jul 2nd 2021, 9:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official US vaccination record for Covid?

It’s only the EU that us kicking back against the AZ vax from India. If you are not aiming on visiting the EU in the near future it isn’t a problem. Maybe it is all hot air and the EU will backtrack.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=petitefrancaise;13024985]Actually repeating a vaccine dose is probably safer than taking an advil. You do know how vaccines work??

sure do. My son had adverse reaction to MMR. FYI every vaccine comes with risks, and once you have immunity to something already then the benefit/risk analysis has changed....because, well...science.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 9:45 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I got 1 AZ and 1 Moderna, at the rate bureaucracies are going, will probably at some point need to get another Moderna to satisfy the red tape gods.

For icing on the top, my AZ was produced in India which some places apparently don't recognize at the moment.
I did not think you could mix and match different CV19 vaccines… so you have not really completed any course.. the AZ and Moderna are not even the same type of vaccine.

All that said the talk of people getting a second course just for the convenience of being able to go to a concert or sporting event when there are billions of other humans that need a vacine is a interesting from a moral standpoint…
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 10:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
I did not think you could mix and match different CV19 vaccines… so you have not really completed any course.. the AZ and Moderna are not even the same type of vaccine.

All that said the talk of people getting a second course just for the convenience of being able to go to a concert or sporting event when there are billions of other humans that need a vacine is a interesting from a moral standpoint…

Mix and match is definitely a thing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/13/o...ch-mixing.html
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 10:34 pm
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

interesting.. no peer review yet, but I guess unless people try it they can’t study it…

will need to keep an eye on it for when the boosters come around…

Last edited by tht; Jul 2nd 2021 at 10:36 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht

It's approved in Canada mix matching that is, and it was recommended in Canada that 2nd dose should not be AZ.

Old Jul 3rd 2021, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter

It definitely is. Various trials have proved this, including one in Spain and the com-cov trials in the UK. My wife and I are in the 2nd such trial in the UK. The first trial was mixing Pfizer and AZ, the 2nd trial is mixing AZ or Pfizer with Moderna or Novavax.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...-inconclusive/

Old Jul 3rd 2021, 1:00 pm
tht

Originally Posted by durham_lad
It definitely is. Various trials have proved this, including one in Spain and the com-cov trials in the UK. My wife and I are in the 2nd such trial in the UK. The first trial was mixing Pfizer and AZ, the 2nd trial is mixing AZ or Pfizer with Moderna or Novavax.

https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...-inconclusive/
Interesting, I had not read about theses trials yet, seem like they have been with people 50+ so far and this strategy was driven by the issues with AZ.

this article is also interesting:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...jabbed-britons

Addressing concern that the EU’s vaccine passport system does not recognise AstraZeneca vaccines produced by the Serum Institute in India, Johnson said he saw no reason why they should not be accepted. “I’m very confident that that will not prove to be a problem,” he said.”

Is that one used in the UK?

How would you even know? My CDC card lists the batch but not where it was manufactured. Does the UK version tell you if you had the Indian manufactured AZ?

Old Jul 3rd 2021, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
Interesting, I had not read about theses trials yet, seem like they have been with people 50+ so far and this strategy was driven by the issues with AZ.

this article is also interesting:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...jabbed-britons

Addressing concern that the EU’s vaccine passport system does not recognise AstraZeneca vaccines produced by the Serum Institute in India, Johnson said he saw no reason why they should not be accepted. “I’m very confident that that will not prove to be a problem,” he said.”

Is that one used in the UK?

How would you even know? My CDC card lists the batch but not where it was manufactured. Does the UK version tell you if you had the Indian manufactured AZ?

The 3 batches made in India and used in the UK are listed below, and you can look at your vaccinations card to see if you had one of the doses made in India.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-travel-hurdle

The Telegraph said the jabs excluded by the EU scheme had the batch numbers 4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003.
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 2:37 pm
tht

The 3 batches made in India and used in the UK are listed below, and you can look at your vaccinations card to see if you had one of the doses made in India.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-travel-hurdle
will see if any of the family back in the UK got them… it seems very random… something like 20% of the worlds Pharma is produced in India (mainly generic) and I thought I was sold in to the UK, US, EU and Canada. I can’t read that Guardian article I only have FT and NYT subscriptions. Is the issue that they are less effective or IP related ?
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tht
will see if any of the family back in the UK got them… it seems very random… something like 20% of the worlds Pharma is produced in India (mainly generic) and I thought I was sold in to the UK, US, EU and Canada. I can’t read that Guardian article I only have FT and NYT subscriptions. Is the issue that they are less effective or IP related ?
The only issue is that some EU countries still have it in for AZ after production issues meant AZ were slow in producing doses during the first few months.

It is purely an administrative hurdle because the EU regulator did not specifically approve the vaccine being made in India.

See if this link works for you on Sky news.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-britons-reassured-over-fears-those-who-received-india-made-covishield-jabs-cant-travel-to-eu-12347013

These doses are not recognised by the EU's drug regulator, the European Medicines Agency (EMA), and so effectively bars those who have received India-made vaccines from using their vaccinated status to travel to the bloc.

The government now says it will work with the European Commission on mutual recognition of vaccine certification and stressed that all AstraZeneca vaccines used in the UK are the "same product and subject to regular checks".

And Professor Adam Finn - from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) - sought to reassure people that "an administrative hurdle" will be "straightened out".
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 3:05 pm
tht

The only issue is that some EU countries still have it in for AZ after production issues meant AZ were slow in producing doses during the first few months.

It is purely an administrative hurdle because the EU regulator did not specifically approve the vaccine being made in India.

See if this link works for you on Sky news.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...to-eu-12347013

so basically politics…

Old Jul 3rd 2021, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tht

so basically politics…
As usual
Old Jul 3rd 2021, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

My British Columbia vaccine record (done provincially not federally yet.) doesn't say where it's made exactly, but does list the lot number and name Covishield which if I understand correctly on the India made doses use that name.

Old Jul 3rd 2021, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
My British Columbia vaccine record (done provincially not federally yet.) doesn't say where it's made exactly, but does list the lot number and name Covishield which if I understand correctly on the India made doses use that name.
Already 7 EU countries have approved Covishield for vaccinated travelers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57628123

Seven EU countries have approved India's vaccines for arriving travellers, sources told the BBC.

Covishield is now eligible for travel to Austria, Germany, Slovenia, Greece, Ireland and Spain.

Iceland and Switzerland too have made the jab eligible for travel to the countries, sources said.

Separately, Estonia has confirmed that it will recognise all the vaccines authorised by India for incoming travellers, sources said.

Earlier, sources told the BBC that India would not recognise a EU vaccine pass for travellers unless the bloc does the same for India's own vaccine certificate.

The move had come amid reports that Covishield was not yet eligible for EU's digital green certificate set to launch on Thursday. The certificate is currently for EU citizens only.

Covishield is the Indian-made version of AstraZeneca's Vaxzevria jab, which has been authorised in the EU.