Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Official US vaccination record for Covid?

Official US vaccination record for Covid?

Old Jun 30th 2021, 11:42 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official US vaccination record for Covid?

I got vaccinated against Covid in the US and I have my little CDC vaccination card, showing dates and batch numbers etc.

Now back in England for a while. NHS England have introduced a vaccination status App which is to be used for travel and entering ‘events’, such as sport events, concerts etc.

The problem I’m facing is that, to get this pass one has to have been vaccinated in England. There seems to be no way of transferring my US record to the official NHS App. See my trials and tribulations in my other thread:

Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Question:
is there some kind of official vaccination record in the US, or plans to get this?

I can imagine that, as time goes by, circumstances similar to mine will become increasingly common.

I want to get back to the theatre and ROH, damn it!!! 😊

Old Jun 30th 2021, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official US vaccination record for Covid?

Originally Posted by Elvira
I got vaccinated against Covid in the US and I have my little CDC vaccination card, showing dates and batch numbers etc.

Now back in England for a while. NHS England have introduced a vaccination status App which is to be used for travel and entering ‘events’, such as sport events, concerts etc.

The problem I’m facing is that, to get this pass one has to have been vaccinated in England. There seems to be no way of transferring my US record to the official NHS App. See my trials and tribulations in my other thread:

Moving foreign Covid vax record to UK/NHS

Question:
is there some kind of official vaccination record in the US, or plans to get this?

I can imagine that, as time goes by, circumstances similar to mine will become increasingly common.

I want to get back to the theatre and ROH, damn it!!! 😊
You're out of luck for now as the UK gov made it loud and clear that they'll prioritize the recognition of UK NHS-vaccinated members of the public (in the context of quarantine-free inbound travel to the UK). I suppose it'll take at least until Q4 '21/Q1 '22 when some sort of reciprocative recognition will be implemented. Unfortunately.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 12:47 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn’t you just get a UK vaccination, in addition to the one you already have?
Old Jun 30th 2021, 1:35 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Couldn’t you just get a UK vaccination, in addition to the one you already have?
unfortunately my GP surgery knows about my US vaccination and have added it to their records.

I’m sure I could get vaccinated again, but my surgery would be informed, and they have already told me dual vaccinations are not allowed.
Old Jun 30th 2021, 1:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by destone
You're out of luck for now as the UK gov made it loud and clear that they'll prioritize the recognition of UK NHS-vaccinated members of the public (in the context of quarantine-free inbound travel to the UK). I suppose it'll take at least until Q4 '21/Q1 '22 when some sort of reciprocative recognition will be implemented. Unfortunately.

Can you tell me where they've said this please? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't seen that in particular and I'm working on multiple travel plans.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

that is insanity
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 7:02 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karenkaren1
that is insanity
No it isn’t. However, Elvira has stated, that for bureaucratic reasons, it wouldn’t be practicable.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 7:21 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
unfortunately my GP surgery knows about my US vaccination and have added it to their records.

I’m sure I could get vaccinated again, but my surgery would be informed, and they have already told me dual vaccinations are not allowed.
Not fair. Angela Merkel has had two types of vaccination! AZ and Moderna.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond reputekarenkaren1 has a reputation beyond repute

No it isn’t. However, Elvira has stated, that for bureaucratic reasons, it wouldn’t be practicable.

lol. you do realize that vaccines are for your health and to prevent disease. To actually put out the suggestion and advising somebody to get additional and unnecessary vaccines purely for bureaucratic red tape purposes is quite simply...... INSANE. Maybe you lost perspective and that is why you talking about an injectable as if it were same as popping an Advil.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 8:15 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

lol. you do realize that vaccines are for your health and to prevent disease. To actually put out the suggestion and advising somebody to get additional and unnecessary vaccines purely for bureaucratic red tape purposes is quite simply...... INSANE. Maybe you lost perspective and that is why you talking about an injectable as if it were same as popping an Advil.
really???
people do it all the time. One example: to get through the green card medical if you don't have all your medical records. Another example would be the routine administration of booster vaccines to children based purely on age and not on their specific antibody response.
If I had been given AZ Covid vaccine you can bet I would be getting Moderna/Pfizer considering the poor protection that AZ is giving against Delta variation.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 8:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

AZ gives excellent coverage against the Delta variant. 92% after 2 doses. Pfizer is 96% after 2 doses.

BBC correspondent Andrew Marr caught Covid Delta variant at the G7 despite 2 doses of Pfizer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57640550.amp

Last edited by durham_lad; Jul 2nd 2021 at 8:29 pm.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
really???
people do it all the time. One example: to get through the green card medical if you don't have all your medical records. Another example would be the routine administration of booster vaccines to children based purely on age and not on their specific antibody response.
If I had been given AZ Covid vaccine you can bet I would be getting Moderna/Pfizer considering the poor protection that AZ is giving against Delta variation.
not me! im that person that fought tooth and nail to get my kids exempt from a chicken pox vax that apparently is 100% necessary to start school in US. why? because they had chicken pox virus already (no medical records as no medical intervention) and to inject something unnecessary with no medical benefit is....insanity.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 8:38 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Whatever.
Old Jul 2nd 2021, 9:16 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Actually repeating a vaccine dose is probably safer than taking an advil. You do know how vaccines work??

not me! im that person that fought tooth and nail to get my kids exempt from a chicken pox vax that apparently is 100% necessary to start school in US. why? because they had chicken pox virus already (no medical records as no medical intervention) and to inject something unnecessary with no medical benefit is....insanity.
In the same situation had I been bothered about repeating a vaccine (I'm not, because, well Science) then a simple blood titer showing antibodies would have kept everyone happy.

Old Jul 2nd 2021, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mallory
Not fair. Angela Merkel has had two types of vaccination! AZ and Moderna.
I got 1 AZ and 1 Moderna, at the rate bureaucracies are going, will probably at some point need to get another Moderna to satisfy the red tape gods.

For icing on the top, my AZ was produced in India which some places apparently don't recognize at the moment.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 2nd 2021 at 9:34 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.