Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Office Air Conditioning

Office Air Conditioning

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

USBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond reputeUSBound has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office Air Conditioning

our office has its own little jumble of eco systems going on....

we have most of the programmers with their "70 degrees and wearing jumpers", the Xenon programmers with our "Sunny & in the 80's wearing shorts and Tshirts, flipflops are a must", the designers with their "darkest dungeon @ 75, wearing coats and jeans", production with thei roh so happy "78 and a nice mixture of smiles and charm"....

I swear you could get culture shock just walking around this place.... ps - I'm a Xenon guy, shorts, shades and flipflops for me.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:33 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by USBound
our office has its own little jumble of eco systems going on....

we have most of the programmers with their "70 degrees and wearing jumpers", the Xenon programmers with our "Sunny & in the 80's wearing shorts and Tshirts, flipflops are a must", the designers with their "darkest dungeon @ 75, wearing coats and jeans", production with thei roh so happy "78 and a nice mixture of smiles and charm"....

I swear you could get culture shock just walking around this place.... ps - I'm a Xenon guy, shorts, shades and flipflops for me.
my god we must work in the same place !!!!! lots of in the low 70's and wearing a "sweater" (jumper causes much hilarity here) in application development
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:46 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
my god we must work in the same place !!!!! lots of in the low 70's and wearing a "sweater" (jumper causes much hilarity here) in application development
It would be laughable if it weren't for the damage all this excessive electricity consumption is causing to the environment!

What is it with Americans - do they really not see the connection, or do they simply not care?

Elvira (exasperated )
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:00 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DonnaElvira
It would be laughable if it weren't for the damage all this excessive electricity consumption is causing to the environment!

What is it with Americans - do they really not see the connection, or do they simply not care?

Elvira (exasperated )
no-one gives a damn, simple as...

Our new VP is English and is already asking why when its 90 outside the air-conditioning causes people to wear jumpers inside- I have popcorn and will sit back and watch the fun