Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Office Air Conditioning

Office Air Conditioning

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

DEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant futureDEE_UK has a brilliant future
Unhappy Office Air Conditioning

Am I the only Britain feeling so cold in the office? What is it with the AC? I've now come down with a terrible cold because of the constant change in temperature - inside and out...

Yesterday, I went to Target and Office Depot to buy a "space heater". Neither store sells them! So, I ordered one through Amazon, which says they will ship within 24 hrs... And my order is on hold. Guess they don't have any either.

Oh well, I'm wearing my turtle-neck to work today.

Anyone else suffering?
Old Jun 21st 2005, 12:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office Air Conditioning

The missus say's the same thing...but it's something to do with there being hundreds of computers and shite IT people that don't know how to preserve electricity...
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

We went to dinner on Saturday to a local restaurant, outside temperature was about 80 degrees, inside the restaurant was freezing although they did have all their fires on so it looked warm!

Mind you its one thing to have the air con on in the summer but some of the restaurants around here have them on in the winter too, and then serve iced water and freezing cold salad.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:06 pm
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DEE_UK
Am I the only Britain feeling so cold in the office? What is it with the AC? I've now come down with a terrible cold because of the constant change in temperature - inside and out...

Yesterday, I went to Target and Office Depot to buy a "space heater". Neither store sells them! So, I ordered one through Amazon, which says they will ship within 24 hrs... And my order is on hold. Guess they don't have any either.

Anyone else suffering?
I know exactly what you are talking about, hell I always have goose bumps while others are in sleeveless. I never can go without a cardi, it is too cold. Then I get outside and I am too hot.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Our office is much cooler than the rest of the building due to all the printing and copier equipment which generates a lot of heat. It's great in the summer but can be a little chilly when the temps drop. Of course, since my bloods thined out here, I get chilly when it hits the 70s. lol
Old Jun 21st 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

ScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really niceScyLarc is just really nice

I keep a fleece on the back of my chair in the office as i get cold pretty much every day. I once suggested that we should turn the AC up a couple of degrees as our small contribution to reduce emissions etc but i was shot down in flames.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 5:01 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

My small office (only about 7ft square) has a little a/c unit that I have on at 76 deg....then I step into the warehouse and its straight into about 120 deg (or so it seems).

One of the biggest argument starters is the bloody a/c at home, I like it set at 77/78 in the evening, 76 when sleeping and through out the day on the weekend. My missus likes it set at 70/72 all the bloody time, it drives me nuts!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:59 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm having to keep a mental note of places where the AC is kept very low, so I can dress accordingly - Dentist's office, Cinema, several eating places.
It's really difficult to adjust - liked it better in winter!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yosser
One of the biggest argument starters is the bloody a/c at home, I like it set at 77/78 in the evening, 76 when sleeping and through out the day on the weekend. My missus likes it set at 70/72 all the bloody time, it drives me nuts!
We have ours set to 72 the minute it hits the 90s.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

At home I like it set at 75 he likes it at 70, now the car is when we argue most over it, he moans about the fuel it use's up "tight arse".
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by britvic
At home I like it set at 75 he likes it at 70, now the car is when we argue most over it, he moans about the fuel it use's up "tight arse".
We hardly notice a difference in the gas mileage from the winter to the summer when the car air con is cranked right up the minute you get in the in.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:49 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was just me and the fact that I'd lived in Spain before here. I get really really cold when the air con is on. Even here in pants climate New England, they shove it on full blast the minute the sun comes out. I was in a bar wearing my thick boating jacket at the weekend.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:12 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
We have ours set to 72 the minute it hits the 90s.
Cor bloody 'ell just like my missus then! mind you isn't it 110 when you are at the mo? I mean, I might even change it down to 75 for that

Another thing though, the ball and chain likes it on 70 ish at night but then she wears like thick PJ's.... .....myself, I like to sleep bollocko and stick my feet out from under the duvet, so in the morning I swear I have frost bite!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:16 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else suffering?
I'm not the only one in my workplace who finds it cold throughout the year. My solution? I drink hot tea all year round. No sodas for me, thanks.

NC Penguin
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

Anyone else suffering?

Yes it's a standing joke that I come into the office in sleeveless tops and then spend the rest of the day moaning that I'm bloody freezing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.