Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NYC - UK shipping

NYC - UK shipping

Old Aug 14th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light
Default NYC - UK shipping

Any recommendations? We had International Sea and Air on the way in (UK shipper with US handling) and I wasn't particularly impressed, and have also been recommended Meyers International Van and Schumacher Cargo Logistics, again by our UK shipper (Simpsons).

We will have about 70 cu ft of stuff to go. I know most people here might have only shipped the other way, but thought it worth asking
Old Aug 15th 2008, 1:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC - UK shipping

we used crown on the way over and were pleased - we were thinking of using them for the reverse trip to - interested to hear others experiences
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

LadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really nice

Nooka - We used Crown out (and Robinsons -> International Sea and Air in). Liked Crown, no incidences. Are you leaving already? Didn't you just get here?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light

Yep. Been here 5 months now. My husband's office has been closed :curse:
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

LadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really niceLadyBelle is just really nice

Can't believe it. I just found your other thread and am reading through it. Sorry about this. Have you checked out movingscam.com (could be movingscams.com)? I can't remember if we discussed this when corresponding in London; it's a good site with reviews of many of the moving companies. Crown was good but is a little pricey.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you suck up and ask our very own Rushman (Optimus Prime) He has had a container full sitting in the docks in NJ for a few months now and got quite a good deal on shipping I believe ... He just put things on hold.

Don't use the US mail I sent a small box of baby clothes to my son yesterday .... 5lbs, 7 oz. it cost $45.50
Old Aug 18th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Patrick and LadyBelle, I'll follow those up
Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

IceBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Crown to get our stuff here and they were great, nothing was broken and nothing lost.

They were the most expensive out of the four quotes I got but their customer service was excellent and Rachel in their NY office was just brilliant. We are definitely using them when we go back and I highly recommend them