Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:42 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now they've really P*ss*d me off

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
The flag saga continues....

Following on from the shennanigans the other day I had another visit from the local Gestapo officers this time complaining that:

"The flag isnt lit up at night with a light on the top of the pole as in State Regulations blah blah blah. We demand you put a light up if you're going to fly it at night."

Well dear Arseholes Association...go F**K yourselves. I was flying the Stars and Stripes out of respect but now its gone. All that remains is a 6 foot Union Flag and a St George Cross (no not a fracking Swiss Flag you assholes). I've checked the national and state Flag Regulations (and they are only regulations not laws) and as a private citizen theres no requirement for me to fly the stars and stripes. So thats it. I shall now proudly fly my national flag and bollox to you all.

....Let battle commence.
The whole subject of HOA's just pisses me of as we had one in AZ that constantly stuck notes in our mail box every time our shrubs in the front garden grew an inch taller than THEIR regulation height that THEY had come up with of the top of their petty minded heads! I wouldn't have minded, but we were the only homeowners in the street that even bother to prune their shrubs at all! When I brought this up to the nazis they said that everyone got three warnings then they would take action to get them kicked out of their homes for non compliance! Bull crap! I own my home, I'd like to see you try!!! Anyway, the three warnings policy was crap anyway because some of the front gardens in the area looked terrible and were NEVER taken care of, nothing ever happened to them. It's just a bunch of empty threats if you ask me. I do have to add though that I would always do as they asked as not to ruffle anyone's feathers (I would just waited until my husband got home and then proceeded to tell him how much America sucked! )
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I presume that AWP means that these rules and regulations are laid down by the HOA not federal lawmakers.
...and that you have to accept these if you want to live there. Not that I agree with these stupid rules. I remember one housing development in the UK the residents were not allowed to hang washing outside and not allowed to have milk bottles on the doorstep. These were houses by the way not apartments. Where I lived in the UK we couldn't keep chickens on Sunday I ask you who would want to keep chickens on Sunday for heavens sake.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:45 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

ummmmm....why do you want to fly a flag at all ???
Not being unpatriotic really, just never had the urge to have one. Do you wear Union Jack T Shirts too
I leave the flag flying to the yanks, they seem to get endless enjoyment out of it while I get nada. Just curious
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:46 am
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

I presume that AWP means that these rules and regulations are laid down by the HOA not federal lawmakers.
Hehehe MY husband and other workers has to roll the company flag up everynight when the store is packing away and put it inside can you believe there is a woman who sits on an office across the street and calls up the owner to complain that they are not handling the flag right you shouldn't hold it like this and blah blah. I don't see her arse coming and putting it away everynight if it is that precious...
Good for you Angry white pjamas Stand you ground and Fly your flag.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

...and that you have to accept these if you want to live there. Not that I agree with these stupid rules. I remember one housing development in the UK the residents were not allowed to hang washing outside and not allowed to have milk bottles on the doorstep. These were houses by the way not apartments. Where I lived in the UK we couldn't keep chickens on Sunday I ask you who would want to keep chickens on Sunday for heavens sake.
what not even in the oven...
Old Mar 16th 2006, 6:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kate2112
ummmmm....why do you want to fly a flag at all ???
Not being unpatriotic really, just never had the urge to have one. Do you wear Union Jack T Shirts too
I leave the flag flying to the yanks, they seem to get endless enjoyment out of it while I get nada. Just curious
Actually it was after 9/11 that we started flying both flags. Several of my husbands collegues and my daughters school friends relatives perished that day.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:00 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Brief Update:

As of yet no re-visit. However I have since discovered there is an HOA meeting being held tonite. I may just have to attend.

I've decided to take the offensive in this war of petty mindedness...and following on from what Duncan said I'm off round the estate this afternoon to take photos of all the US flags I can find on cars, windows, license plates, stupid stickers, mail boxes etc and I shall present them tonite at the meeting and demand they be all removed as they are in violation of the federal rules on the flag....

Bloody minded bureaucracy? I was in the army and police for god sake...I can show them Bloody minded bureaucracy they wont believe.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:06 am
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it was after 9/11 that we started flying both flags. Several of my husbands collegues and my daughters school friends relatives perished that day.
Yep I've heard that reason and the one to support the troops fighting and dying in Iraq. I realise that people are being patriotic and or supportive. I'm just saying that I dont get it really, probably never will. Perhaps its because I was of the generation that saw the NF and British Movement hijack the Union Jack for their propaganda. Anyway if you're happy doing it who am I to critisise it.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Brief Update:

As of yet no re-visit. However I have since discovered there is an HOA meeting being held tonite. I may just have to attend.

I've decided to take the offensive in this war of petty mindedness...and following on from what Duncan said I'm off round the estate this afternoon to take photos of all the US flags I can find on cars, windows, license plates, stupid stickers, mail boxes etc and I shall present them tonite at the meeting and demand they be all removed as they are in violation of the federal rules on the flag....

Bloody minded bureaucracy? I was in the army and police for god sake...I can show them Bloody minded bureaucracy they wont believe.
On the news last week there was a woman whose husband was in the military deployed in Iraq. She had placed a small plaque at the top of her drive, near the house not near the road, it looked to be no more than 12" high and was in the shape of a ribbon just stating 'support our troops'. She had promised him it would be there when he returned home. Well the HOA got wind of it. She refused to remove it so they took legal action and fined her $100 per day!! Within minutes of this being aired on TV numerous people called offering to pay her fines. One business man said he would pay all the fines until her husband returned. I hope these little hitlers felt really pleased with themselves.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Brief Update:

Ah the calm before the storm

Get the war paint on.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Kate2112
Yep I've heard that reason and the one to support the troops fighting and dying in Iraq. I realise that people are being patriotic and or supportive. I'm just saying that I dont get it really, probably never will. Perhaps its because I was of the generation that saw the NF and British Movement hijack the Union Jack for their propaganda. Anyway if you're happy doing it who am I to critisise it.
I didn't for a minute think of it as a criticism just stating our reasons for do so that's all.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Brief Update:

I really hope that one of them is wearing something with the flag on seeing as under no circumnstances should the flag be used for clothing. Get the flag code and find every petty breah of it! You may also want to mention that the HOA rules are in contradiction with the federal policy as no one is required to fly the US flag even if they fly another flag.
This site has some nice info plus the flag code
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:40 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Brief Update:

Ha ha - made me laugh.
When you originally posted up their regs I thought they were fairly opened ended and ambiguous as to whether you had to fly a Stars and Stripes if you flew any other flag so I reckon you're ok.
To wind them up I recommend that you fit as many flags on your flag pole as humanly possible with the exception of any US ones - it would make me laugh anyway
Old Mar 16th 2006, 8:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Ha ha - made me laugh.
When you originally posted up their regs I thought they were fairly opened ended and ambiguous as to whether you had to fly a Stars and Stripes if you flew any other flag so I reckon you're ok.
To wind them up I recommend that you fit as many flags on your flag pole as humanly possible with the exception of any US ones - it would make me laugh anyway
Take a photo and post it on here so we can all have a laugh.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:03 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

On the news last week there was a woman whose husband was in the military deployed in Iraq. She had placed a small plaque at the top of her drive, near the house not near the road, it looked to be no more than 12" high and was in the shape of a ribbon just stating 'support our troops'. She had promised him it would be there when he returned home. Well the HOA got wind of it. She refused to remove it so they took legal action and fined her $100 per day!! Within minutes of this being aired on TV numerous people called offering to pay her fines. One business man said he would pay all the fines until her husband returned. I hope these little hitlers felt really pleased with themselves.

It was a thousand a day according to our news but they negotiated it to $1/day and she still told them to get stuffed. They say it will be put back up if he doesn't comply hoo rah!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.