Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

From Notts to San Antonio TX

From Notts to San Antonio TX

Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Notts to San Antonio TX

Originally Posted by lauriejane
I am planning on visiting SA in early March for a reenactment of the Battle of the Alamo which took place March 6, 1836. If the Alamo might interest you, I'd suggest a viewing of the 2004 Alamo movie which you can rent, the one starring Billy Bob Thornton, not the old 1960 ohn Wayne movie. It is fairly historically accurate, unlike most Hollywood movies, and could spark an interest in visiting the Alamo as well as providing some interesting facts about the Texas Revolution.

That's a good idea. Blokey's seen the 1960 version, I've not seen either one. cheers.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
That's a good idea. Blokey's seen the 1960 version, I've not seen either one. cheers.

There is a great place not far from Freidricksburg called Enchanted Rock. The view is amazing when you get to the top. We were there right after Christmas last year and it was warm enough to be just comfortable climbing and hiking in that area

Are you driving through Arizona and New Mexico?

The last time we drove back from California to Texas we stopped off in New Mexico to see the Carlsbad Caverns and that is a pretty cool experience as well.

Have a great trip!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
There is a great place not far from Freidricksburg called Enchanted Rock. The view is amazing when you get to the top. We were there right after Christmas last year and it was warm enough to be just comfortable climbing and hiking in that area

Are you driving through Arizona and New Mexico?

The last time we drove back from California to Texas we stopped off in New Mexico to see the Carlsbad Caverns and that is a pretty cool experience as well.

Have a great trip!

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Thanks Sugarmooma. Yep, we're driving that way. I've made a note of your suggestions. I intend on doing a summary posting of what we plan, and then what we end up doing.....my summer adventure thread on Baltimore is still to be written
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:23 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for hijacking the thread!

Thanks Sugarmooma. Yep, we're driving that way. I've made a note of your suggestions. I intend on doing a summary posting of what we plan, and then what we end up doing.....my summer adventure thread on Baltimore is still to be written
You should stop by & have a drink with me!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partystar
You should stop by & have a drink with me!

OOoooo I like your thinking!!! I'll keep you posted - not sure how close to you we'll be driving?

How did you enjoy San Diego?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:20 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

OOoooo I like your thinking!!! I'll keep you posted - not sure how close to you we'll be driving?

How did you enjoy San Diego?
We had a great time, we didn't get to do much sight seeing as we had major car troubles, but I didn't really mind, I'm sure we'll be back there again soon. There were so many fantastic costumes at Monster Bash, it was a great laugh. My friend's husband went as Party boy from Jackass (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arty+boy&hl=en) & he caused quite a scene!

We had lunch at Ruby's Diner on Oceanside Pier, which was lovely. It was the first time I've been to the beach/ocean in America, it was such a wonderful trip, especially because I got to meet Tom (Lionheart) & what a superb bloke he is!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Partystar
We had a great time, we didn't get to do much sight seeing as we had major car troubles, but I didn't really mind, I'm sure we'll be back there again soon. There were so many fantastic costumes at Monster Bash, it was a great laugh. My friend's husband went as Party boy from Jackass (http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arty+boy&hl=en) & he caused quite a scene!

We had lunch at Ruby's Diner on Oceanside Pier, which was lovely. It was the first time I've been to the beach/ocean in America, it was such a wonderful trip, especially because I got to meet Tom (Lionheart) & what a superb bloke he is!

PMSL - that link is hilarious!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:39 pm
Back where I belong!

PMSL - that link is hilarious!
I must say, I think Kori (my friend's hubby) did a better job of it! I'll pop a photo of us girls all in costume on the photo post.

Edit - I've just put a photo up - http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...php?photo=6959

Last edited by Partystar; Nov 1st 2006 at 9:47 pm.
Old Nov 7th 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

kath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant futurekath58 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Faiythe
*waves*
Hi there! Just stopping to by to introduce myself. I moved to sunny San Antonio 3 years ago, and despite much web surfing cant seem to locate any other british expats lurking in San Antone.

Anyone out there?
Hi , I'M NOT from San Antonio . I come from Houston i have been here six months now. I come from Notts.Cant locate any British in Houston.

Kath,
Old Nov 7th 2006, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kath58
Hi , I'M NOT from San Antonio . I come from Houston i have been here six months now. I come from Notts.Cant locate any British in Houston.

Kath,

Hi Kath

Welcome to BE! Start your own "hello" thread on here - you'll soon find people from Houston!
Old Nov 8th 2006, 12:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kath58
CelticAngel bird is in Houston..