British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   From Notts to San Antonio TX (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/notts-san-antonio-tx-405215/)

Faiythe Oct 31st 2006 3:28 am

From Notts to San Antonio TX

*waves*
Hi there! Just stopping to by to introduce myself. I moved to sunny San Antonio 3 years ago, and despite much web surfing cant seem to locate any other british expats lurking in San Antone.

Anyone out there?

Jerseygirl Oct 31st 2006 3:30 am

Re: From Notts to San Antonio TX

Originally Posted by Faiythe
*waves*
Hi there! Just stopping to by to introduce myself. I moved to sunny San Antonio 3 years ago, and despite much web surfing cant seem to locate any other british expats lurking in San Antone.

Anyone out there?

Hello there and welcome. :)

Don't know about San Antonio but there are certainly quite a few from Texas.

Bob Oct 31st 2006 3:31 am

Hiya...welcome to BE :)

And well, don't know about San Antonio...but there are a few out in Dallas, Houston, Plano etc...

DollyLlama Oct 31st 2006 3:42 am

Hello and Welcome :)

snowbunny Oct 31st 2006 4:13 am

I think there is someone else from SA (San Antonio, certainly many in South Australia! :p )

I'm not British but I do have friends and family there; my husband is Dutch and we met right here on this forum. :) Occasionally, very occasionally, we have meetups of the BE members here in Austin as there are a handful.

I know SA pretty well having spent a lot of time there so if you need any help give a shout -- also if you are looking for British food there is probably more here than there and I can help you find something.

Welcome! Welcome! We were in Notts for a day this past February (my husband and I) and though we drove towards the Forest there didn't seem to be many trees about! :confused:

--Amy, with roots in nearby Derbyshire (and Lancashire)

Sally Oct 31st 2006 5:34 am

Hi Faiythe :)

Partystar Oct 31st 2006 7:30 pm

Welcome to BE! :)

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Pony Oct 31st 2006 8:14 pm

Howdy ya'll

*waves*

Anyone out there?

Sue Nov 1st 2006 2:47 am

Welcome to BE. :)

Ozzidoc Nov 1st 2006 7:36 am

*waves*

Anyone out there?

Hi Faiythe

Welcome!

I'm an Aussie Brit. My Brit blokey works in San Diego, Calif. We're going on a driving holiday this xmas - to San Antonio :) No idea what will be doing/seeing/etc - I may well ask you for your ideas.

Hope that you stick around - it's lots of fun here on BE :beer:

snowbunny Nov 1st 2006 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
I'm an Aussie Brit. My Brit blokey works in San Diego, Calif. We're going on a driving holiday this xmas - to San Antonio :) No idea what will be doing/seeing/etc - I may well ask you for your ideas.

FREDERICKSBURG. :D lovely little town in the Hill Country....

and the mountains of West Texas.... Big Bend.... the Marfa lights.... so much to do!

Ozzidoc Nov 1st 2006 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
FREDERICKSBURG. :D lovely little town in the Hill Country....

and the mountains of West Texas.... Big Bend.... the Marfa lights.... so much to do!

Thanks snowbunny :)

snowbunny Nov 1st 2006 2:51 pm

Thanks snowbunny :)

McDonald observatory for excellent star viewing....

I think SA is overrated as a tourist destination but Austin is quite lovely. :p

Ozzidoc Nov 1st 2006 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by snowbunny
McDonald observatory for excellent star viewing....

I think SA is overrated as a tourist destination but Austin is quite lovely. :p

I wish that we could see more, but we've only got 2 1/2 weeks. I've added the observatory to the list :)

lauriejane Nov 1st 2006 6:06 pm

Hi Faiythe

Welcome!

Hope that you stick around - it's lots of fun here on BE :beer:

I am planning on visiting SA in early March for a reenactment of the Battle of the Alamo which took place March 6, 1836. If the Alamo might interest you, I'd suggest a viewing of the 2004 Alamo movie which you can rent, the one starring Billy Bob Thornton, not the old 1960 ohn Wayne movie. It is fairly historically accurate, unlike most Hollywood movies, and could spark an interest in visiting the Alamo as well as providing some interesting facts about the Texas Revolution.