Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

North Carolina - A place to live?

North Carolina - A place to live?

Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:01 am
Banned

Anthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud of
Default Re: North Carolina - A place to live?

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
If this is the Michael Savage who in the past has called Arabs both "non-humans" and "racist, fascist bigots", then you'll have to excuse me from believing this kind of thinking equates to what needs to be "put right" on the west coast.
If you listen properly, you will discover that this refers to some of them not all of them.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:06 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anthony919
If you listen properly, you will discover that this refers to some of them not all of them.
And that's okay with you? Puh-leez. It's just like me saying not all black people are niggers, just some.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:07 am
Banned

Anthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud ofAnthony919 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steerpike
BEWARE! In good faith and in the interest of open dialog, I figured I'd follow this link and listen to some of the stuff. After seeing amusing links to 'American Military Firepower', and 'What you don't know about Obama' (Probably that he's a muslim terrorist who will unleash terror cells upon us the minute he's elected!), I clicked on an innocent link about CFLs (energy efficient lights). After listening to an anti-environmentalist ranting about how dangerous CFLs are (due to their mercury content), I could not close the browser and my whole machine locked up. Upon restart, firefox tried to do a session restore, and I was again listening to this nutcase rant about CFLs ... then a lockup ... and so the pattern went until I put my IT hat on and cleared out the Firefox sessions. Took me about 20 minutes to deal with this nonsense!

So if you want to listen to Fox-News style rants, and don't mind crashing your browser, follow the link above!
Have been listening to Michael Savage for a while now on my computer and I haven't experienced a single problem or hint of one. The website I gave the link for belongs to a radio station that carries MS's shows - its not his website.

...but perhaps also, the site you went on realized that you needed saving and fixing from your delusional beliefs and tried to erase all the PC & west coast nonsense and BS that is no doubt swimming around your computer...?

Just a thought.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:10 am
Banned

Originally Posted by ugacrew
And that's okay with you? Puh-leez. It's just like me saying not all black people are niggers, just some.
Yes it is if you find out what they do and how they behave.
MS may rant and rave, but he's an intelligent person and no-one is saying the things he does and that need to be said. Many people have lost their spines but not everyone is willing to lose theirs.

Your black people analogy is not a good one, unfortunately.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I knew if we waited a little longer, we would get some more meaningless buzz words out of you.

This is liberalism at its finest - the idea that competing cultures can all get along in harmony, ala all hands together as we dance in a circle.
Its just so barmy and hasn't worked in over 50 years (and never will) and in addition, its only practiced and followed by mentally challenged "white westerners" who think they "know" about the "plights" of others less rich and lucky like themselves and by those who really need to please others and show how "accommodating" and "understanding" and "open" they are to all cultures/races/creeds/religions blah blah blah, when at the same time, the "disadvantaged world" says "OH...OK...we'll take this, take this, then its "give us this give us that", then "demand this, demand that", and finally "we'll destroy you if you don't do this or that".
Wow, you just don't stop, do you!

Actually, what I was referring to was the fact that San Francisco is approx. 40% white, 30% Asian, etc (from Wikipedia: "As of 2006, the Census Bureau estimated that 44.6 percent of the population was non-Hispanic white.[109] Asian Americans, principally Chinese, make up about a third of the population. Hispanics of any race make up about 14 percent of the population. San Francisco's African American population has declined in recent decades, from 13.4 percent of the city in 1970 to 7.2 percent of the population in 2006"). This results in a fabulous range of dining choices.

My own girlfriend is Asian American. Are you suggesting that there is something wrong with that?

Your neck just gets redder and redder !!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:15 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is if you find out what they do and how they behave.
MS may rant and rave, but he's an intelligent person and no-one is saying the things he does and that need to be said. Many people have lost their spines but not everyone is willing to lose theirs.

Your black people analogy is not a good one, unfortunately.
Now you make it sound like they are some kind of species being studied for some National Geographic....

(in a whisper)
Notice as the Arab wraps his head with the cloth. This is quite unique to this species. Ah look at that bigoted Arab sort his garb. Quite interesting to watch from this Caucasian's point a view...

This whole thing is what got this country in the shit hole it's in to begin with. Paranoia and ignorance.

BTW, my analogy does hold up. You're just too closed minded to see what I'm getting at for fear of realizing just how much an asshole you are already.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:18 am
Banned

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I think the Triangle will grow perfectly without you living here. I think you haven't live in NC/USA for long enough to appreciate/understand the job market and how to get hired in the US.
...and I think you are an abrasive, highly judgmental, presumption-ridden and strangely-opinionated person of limited understanding and experience.

I don't know where you get all your presumptions and ideas about other people and their lives from. Maybe you think everyone else is like you.

Happily for the rest of us, we are not.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

(in a whisper)
Notice as the Arab wraps his head with the cloth. This is quite unique to this species. Ah look at that bigoted Arab sort his garb. Quite interesting to watch from this Caucasian's point a view...
Very good
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

At first, I thought our man Anthony was worthy of intelligent debate but he's now revealing himself as a bigoted racist who listens to right wing talk radio, so I think I'm going to move to more interesting threads. I did do a bit of thinking on the 'economically destructive' topic, though, since he seems totally incapable of substantiating that assertion.

So ... what policies has CA pioneered that "are quite laughable but ... sadly, also economically destructive" - as asserted by Anthony919.

Stem Cell research - It has done wonders for the local bio-tech firms (of which there are MANY, with Genentech HQ just south of SF).

CA was the first state to ban smoking in bars/restaurants/etc. Probably bad for ... where do they grow tobacco - the Carolina's - but good for everyone's health and thus, overall, a positive.

Gay Marriage - the right-wing "US views and world distort" had this article which suggests it's good for the economy. Here's another.

Emissions standards. Definitely had a short-term cost impact on car manufacturers, who had to work on new technologies/etc (catalytic converters, etc), which was passed onto consumers. But 20 or so years later, we are now seeing the value of those early efforts. Bush refused to raise standards when he had the chance, and now wants to open up the CA coastline to offshore drilling; anything but the obvious solutions of conservation and investment in new technology. I read an article recently that the Japanese government strongly supported the development of hybrid technology by Toyota, and now Toyota is selling hybrid cars faster than ice-cream on a summer's day in England. By the way - I think it will be a cold day in hell before offshore drilling happens - I'll join the protest lines myself if they do!

Decriminalization of marijuana. Complex topic, but can't see how this is bad for the economy, unless you wish to assert that everyone is stoned and productivity is shot because of frequent trips to the refrigerator for munchies!

Fair treatment of Illegal Immigrants. Complex topic, but everyone in CA pretty much agrees (even Arnold) that our economy would collapse without them (CA has a massive agriculture economy). I can't get contractors to work on my house, I can't get people to cut my grass, and that's WITH a bunch of illegal immigrants in the state.

Gun Control. Agree or disagree, but ... economic impact ... do they make guns in North Carolina too? Guns and Tobacco ... that's a fun economy!

I can list many more 'liberal' policies but can't honestly think of one that is practically 'economically destructive'. But I'll keep thinking!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:25 am
Banned

asshole
Now we know what you're really all about - the previously friendly, cordial appearing-to-be-helpful girl has shown her true pretentious nature and has hit the bottom of the barrel. You mum would be so cross with you, ala "Wash you mouth out with soap & water!"

Don't think we'll bothering to waste our time again with you, ma'am.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Now we know what you're really all about - the previously friendly, cordial appearing-to-be-helpful girl has shown her true pretentious nature and has hit the bottom of the barrel. You mum would be so cross with you, ala "Wash you mouth out with soap & water!"

Arsehole.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:27 am
Riding on silver wings

Actually I hear her applauding from 300 miles away. I think you have bigger fish to fry than me saying ASSHOLE! NEXT!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:29 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Do I need to move this to TIO?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:32 am
Riding on silver wings

Originally Posted by Sue
Do I need to move this to TIO?
I'm done but I have a better idea where you can move this too
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:33 am
Banned

Kali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond reputeKali-forniarrr has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I hear her applauding from 300 miles away. I think you have bigger fish to fry than me saying ASSHOLE! NEXT!
so I guess from all that, as per the thread title, "NC - a place to live?", the answer is probably not. There seem to be some underlying issues with some of its inhabitants...

perhaps South Carolina then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.