North Carolina

Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Sarah Bridges is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North Carolina

Originally Posted by Sarah Bridges
Hello

Glad to hear from you.

So how long was you in Charlotte for? My hubby works in Charlotte and Columbia.

I use to work in pineville. ( i was seconded over here from my company in kent back in 2002, just recently business hadn't done so well, so now I am stuck in the small town of chester SC) it isn't to bad... but would like to move to back to Rockhill, or start making our way closer to myrtle beach would love to move to charleston very expensive though..

how you liking Miami I went there for christmas back in 2003. it was nice and warm christmas day sitting on beach with my mum, we had a great time..

thanks for contacting me..

chat again
P.S whoops I missed read your mail, you are currently in Charlotte? how long have you been here?
Old Dec 21st 2010, 8:48 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Moved to Charlotte in February 2006, work uptown and live at the bottom end of Steele Creek right by the SC border.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Hey, How are you? I live in South Carolina, and looking for some other brits to chat too, not quite sure how this works my first time on this site.. so just wanted to say hi, I have been here for 8 years, but have yet to meet people I can relate too. I originally from London, then moved to Kent. I moved here for my job and then I found my hubby, and have 2 kids 3 and 6... just a little about myself. Hope to hear from you soon.
I've just joined myself. Welcome! I am from here in NC but married a Scouser in July. We are in the Greensboro Area.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
Moved to Charlotte in February 2006, work uptown and live at the bottom end of Steele Creek right by the SC border.
I live, as someone from the NC side of Lake Wylie said, in the "cheap seats" as I'm just over the bridge on the SC side of the lake.

Just because my property tax is about a quarter of their's!
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:34 pm
fsm
So I am where?

fsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of lightfsm is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Orangepants
I live, as someone from the NC side of Lake Wylie said, in the "cheap seats" as I'm just over the bridge on the SC side of the lake.

Yeah I wish my house was 250 yards further south.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:39 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fsm
live at the bottom end of Steele Creek right by the SC border.
Me too
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, How are you? I live in South Carolina, and looking for some other brits to chat too, not quite sure how this works my first time on this site.. so just wanted to say hi, I have been here for 8 years, but have yet to meet people I can relate too. I originally from London, then moved to Kent. I moved here for my job and then I found my hubby, and have 2 kids 3 and 6... just a little about myself. Hope to hear from you soon.
Welcome to BE Sarah. Glad you have found us. Please don't hesitate to give me a shout if you get on anything site related.

I'm not too far from you in Charlotte.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:42 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Orangepants
Old Dec 22nd 2010, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

kirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nicekirby is just really nice

Originally Posted by scouserwife
New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...
Hi scouserwife,

Harris teeter in highpoint has a selection of brit foods
Old Jan 6th 2011, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

fourcorners is an unknown quantity at this point

World Market on High Point Road has Holiday Foods on Sale at 75% including Mince Pies and real Cadbury Chocolate.

How much is left after my Wife has been in this morning is debatable
Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

scouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nicescouserwife is just really nice

Originally Posted by fourcorners
World Market on High Point Road has Holiday Foods on Sale at 75% including Mince Pies and real Cadbury Chocolate.

How much is left after my Wife has been in this morning is debatable
That's the one we hit before Christmas. We did the after Christmas sale there last week. Hope she brought you loads of goodies!
Old Jan 6th 2011, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kirby
Hi scouserwife,

Harris teeter in highpoint has a selection of brit foods
Just came through there today on our way from our interview in Charlotte!!! We'll get by there. Thanks!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Sarah Bridges is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue
Welcome to BE Sarah. Glad you have found us. Please don't hesitate to give me a shout if you get on anything site related.

I'm not too far from you in Charlotte.
Thanks sue will do :0)
Old Jan 13th 2011, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Vinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really niceVinnyvagus is just really nice

My wife, 2 year old son and I moved over to Raleigh, NC from the UK 2 months ago. I'm over here working on an L1-A visa and my wife and son have L2.

We had our first Christmas here and struggled with the festive thing as we ususally spend it with a lot of family back home in the UK, but not this time round. Still we had a good time. We did find that the World Market had a lot of home goodies though.....although pricey! Saying that...its worth the entra amount we paid for things like Marmite and Cadbury's flake chocolate!

My wife cooked a Bannoffee Pie and we had to go on a mission to find the Digestive Biscuits!! We found some though :-)
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:15 am
Just Joined

I realize that this the incorrect forum to post this in, but you are really the only people on here that I have spoken too so far. I'm very pleased to announce that my husband received his green card this week. We applied for Adjustment of Status in September. In his words I am "Chuffed to Bits"!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.