British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   North Carolina (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/north-carolina-696985/)

scouserwife Dec 14th 2010 11:35 pm

North Carolina

New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...:)

Jerseygirl Dec 14th 2010 11:57 pm

Re: North Carolina

Hello again.

We have quite a few members living in NC...hopefully they will be able to point you in the right 'British goodies' direction.

Bob Dec 15th 2010 1:39 am

Welcome to BE :)

How long you been down there?

scouserwife Dec 15th 2010 2:52 am

I grew up here. My husband is from Liverpool. He's been here since June. Love the Gracie Allen quote by the way. I have a lot of Burns and Allen radio shows.

fsm Dec 15th 2010 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by scouserwife (Post 9040775)
New to the site. We are in North Carolina, the Greensboro area. Just looking for some other brits to chat with about this and that. Still looking for Bisto and Robertsons Golden Shred Lemon marmalade! Have found HP and and a few other things...:)

Check out World Market, they have both bisto granules & powder.

Greensboro
3510 High Point Road
Greensboro, NC 27407
Tel: (336) 315-8700

I am in Charlotte and have found over the years I can get pretty much anything over here.

I just ordered myself a case of Crunchie's from Amazon :), though I would only do that in the wintertime.

Orangepants Dec 15th 2010 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by fsm (Post 9042037)
I am in Charlotte and have found over the years I can get pretty much anything over here.

I just ordered myself a case of Crunchie's from Amazon :), though I would only do that in the wintertime.

Anywhere to get mince pies in Charlotte - made them last year and they were a complete dog's breakfast! DISASTER!

Jerseygirl Dec 15th 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Orangepants (Post 9042055)
Anywhere to get mince pies in Charlotte - made them last year and they were a complete dog's breakfast! DISASTER!

You could try Sue's house. :D

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...postcount=3567

fsm Dec 15th 2010 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9042060)

Now there's an idea :thumbsup:

Orangepants Dec 15th 2010 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 9042060)

Thanks - I think I will or I'll ask her to make me some - yummy!

fsm Dec 15th 2010 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Orangepants (Post 9042055)

Fresh Market, World Market & some Harris Teeter's (Try Rea Road) have all been know to carry them.

The South African Store in Mathews has some in stock.

Jerseygirl Dec 15th 2010 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by fsm (Post 9042065)
Now there's an idea :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by Orangepants (Post 9042070)
Thanks - I think I will or I'll ask her to make me some - yummy!

Don't tell her I sent you. :D

Orangepants Dec 15th 2010 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by fsm (Post 9042086)
Fresh Market, World Market & some Harris Teeter's (Try Rea Road) have all been know to carry them.

The South African Store in Mathews has some in stock.

Thanks - I'll send OH to Matthews then - too cold for me to go out!

Mummy in the foothills Dec 15th 2010 4:04 pm

World market here has Keebler mince pies. I got a box last week, no idea where they went :o

scouserwife Dec 19th 2010 12:50 pm

I'm going to hit World Market and look for the pies. He made some from scratch last week and wasn't really happy with the filling we found. It was my first mince and yeah, I wasn't impressed. We found some things at Ollie's, a discount store in Greensboro. I think they have one on Winston Salem as well. No luck finding Galaxy Minstrels yet...

fsm Dec 19th 2010 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by scouserwife (Post 9049271)
I'm going to hit World Market and look for the pies. He made some from scratch last week and wasn't really happy with the filling we found. It was my first mince and yeah, I wasn't impressed. We found some things at Ollie's, a discount store in Greensboro. I think they have one on Winston Salem as well. No luck finding Galaxy Minstrels yet...

In the past I have ordered the minstrels online, they are a lot harder to come by in NC.