Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Norn Irishman in the deep south

Norn Irishman in the deep south

Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:05 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norn Irishman in the deep south

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Wind your cock in
Oh christ, is my zip down again?

Plus, my cock isn't windable. I said I like to have a wench at the end of it, not a winch
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Oh christ, is my zip down again?

Plus, my cock isn't windable. I said I like to have a wench at the end of it, not a winch
It's the brogue that caused confusion.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:08 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

It's the brogue that caused confusion.
Ah, to be sure, but isn't it liltingly wonderful ... ?
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, to be sure, but isn't it liltingly wonderful ... ?
Almost as much as my Essex one to be sure.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:10 pm
I have a comma problem

Almost as much as my Essex one to be sure.
I always thought you were Australian ...
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I always thought you were Australian ...
Do me a lemon. I'm not tall enough.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:32 pm
I have a comma problem

Do me a lemon. I'm not tall enough.
That must be why nobody thinks I'm an Australian. That and I don't have a sheep attached to the front of my pants.

But we have drifted off topic, and this thread is supposed to be about good old Norn Irn. The Jewel in the UK's crown. If there were a god, it'd be his own country. All that kind of stuff.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That must be why nobody thinks I'm an Australian. That and I don't have a sheep attached to the front of my pants.

But we have drifted off topic, and this thread is supposed to be about good old Norn Irn. The Jewel in the UK's crown. If there were a god, it'd be his own country. All that kind of stuff.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Carlisle401 is an unknown quantity at this point

Catch yerself on. It has to be turkey at Christmas.
As for stealing turkey, well we took potatoes from South America and perfected them. Maybe it was all the Ulster Scots who came to the USA in 16 and 1700s.

I am Newtownards, but family are originally from Comber.

All the best
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:17 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by Carlisle401
Catch yerself on. It has to be turkey at Christmas.
Exactly. If you have it any other way, you must be away in the head
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

ModClaud is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly. If you have it any other way, you must be away in the head
Or maybe my head's just full of sweetie mice.

And I just looked at your username and figured out why that blasted Dire Straits song has been stuck in my head for the last five hours!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:41 pm
I have a comma problem

Originally Posted by ModClaud
Or maybe my head's just full of sweetie mice.

And I just looked at your username and figured out why that blasted Dire Straits song has been stuck in my head for the last five hours!
I take no responsibility for that. I merely wrote the name - your brain put the actual song in your head
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

ModPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Speedwell
ah wud ye shtap, I'm having a wee cuppa tae and a buttered biscuit wit my craic sor... and so's yer man, when he gets back from his wee dander... what about ye?

(My husband always laughs when I do this lol...)
lol Wait... are you the one from Norn Irn, or is your hubby from there and you're doing an impersonation?

BTW - did you know that crack is spelled like that in English? It's originally an Olde English-e word, that was adopted into Gaelic in the 1980s when they finally started using it down in Dublin. They now think they own the word down there! lol
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by civilservant
This is an English only forum
And Ulster English is one of the oldest forms of the spoken language!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
And I'm from just down the road from you. Born in Belfast but brought up mostly in Dundonald and then Killyleagh. I spent 18 years in England/Canada before coming to the US so a lot of the "Norn Irish" was knocked out of me before I got here. However, it returns when I'm on the phone to family back there - and my kids have no idea what I'm saying!

Hey Ned - I grew up pretty close to Dundonald. You know Knock/Ballyhack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.