Wikiposts

THE NOOSE

Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:22 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE NOOSE

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I've got two words for you .....

Karl Malden
That's true. oofta!
Old Nov 6th 2007, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Three incidents here is the last few weeks
Now Santa defo deserved it...hate that guy..
Old Nov 7th 2007, 2:38 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

There's a noose loose in the hoose.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 11:34 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
There's a noose loose in the hoose.
there's a noose loose aboot this hoose? as Lord Rockingham would say.
Old Nov 7th 2007, 10:49 pm
Banned

Location: Orlando,Florida,living in Buckinghamshire for next 6 weeks.
YankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond reputeYankeemovingAbroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
I'm 29 y/o and aside from 4 months when I was 24, I have lived in the South all my life. Never once have I seen a noose (except as a decoration when hanging a dummy during Halloween). I have never heard any of friends even joking about hanging someone. Now do some family make the occassional prejudiced remark? Unfortunately, yes, but I have asked them to refrain from doing so in my presence.

Who are you to stereotype all of the Southern US? Is your country of origin so above reproach and stereotypes?

ETA: why the heck am I even replying? i don't really give a rats a$$ what this person thinks about the South.
I'm not saying the entire south has the exact same social ills state to state nor in every area of a state.There are different demographics at play such as standard of living in addition to population mixes.I grew up living in North Carolina the triad area.The place certainly had/has racism but imo I never found conditions living there to be physically dangerous for a African American in general nor overly oppressive.Greensboro,Winston Salem and High Point had many of the same growing pains in terms of social evolution as did much of the country.

Most of the racism in North Carolina in my experience was usually doled out through economics such as job opportunity refusal.Most people just got on with it and made the effort to at least show a outward type of politeness regardless of social hang ups. This is not true in many gulf coast states.I have never seen so many black church burnings,KKK rallys and confederate flags as I have in Alabama,Mississippi and Louisiana.The southeast still is the most racially segregated region based on all studies by the gov census bureau.The south still has the notorius reputation for being a bashen of hatred in comparison to all the other regions of America and for good reason.

The south faught the civil war against the north mainly because they refused to give up the practise of using human beings as slaves in order to build wealth for whites southerners .Lynchings took place far more often in the south.The point I'm making is it takes generations to weed out that type of behavior and mentality from a culture of people who tend to past down those lack of morals to their children.People who suffer from hatred/low morals don't just wake up one day and grow a evolved wisdom.

Its true many African Americans from large cities up north are migrating south but these for the most part are people who have achieved a higher standard of living, education and are bringing assets/wealth with them which I think is fantastic.Georgia,Florida and the Carolinas are four states which are experiencing the greatest influx of these new residents.I have lived in Alabama near 10 years can honestly say texas,lousiana,Al and mississippi are still resisting social & human evolution.I had never been called the N word until living in Alabama.Talk about rolling out the welcome wagon