Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Non-Citizens/Green card/visa holders living in the US.

View Poll Results: Who Would you vote for?
McCain
14.06%
Clinton
31.25%
Obama
54.69%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Non-Citizens/Green card/visa holders living in the US.

Old Apr 25th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-Citizens/Green card/visa holders living in the US.

I wonder why so many european immigrants prefer to vote Democrat?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:15 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
I wonder where the 3 McCain votes came from ffs!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Nice to see that the democrat vote is as evenly split between Clinton and Obama on BE as it is in the whole of the USA!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

big_fish is an unknown quantity at this point

make it four....can't say I'm an expert on the candidates but on principle would have to go Republican

Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by big_fish
make it four....can't say I'm an expert on the candidates but on principle would have to go Republican
That's ok... I forgive you!

I went with Obama personally. Aside from McCains inability to sort out the two different Muslim religions, if he is elected, I don't really think that he will live to see out his term.

As for Clinton, she seems to have a complete failure to understand that she's losing and is only still in the competition for her own aims rather than what is best for the democrat party.

Having said that though, I think that the infighting between the dems is only playing to McCains benefit and may even split the Dem vote.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

surly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond reputesurly has a reputation beyond repute

They should all step aside and give it to Ralph Nader.

http://www.votenader.org/

Democratic respondents said that if their first choice does not get the Democratic nomination, they may vote for Nader.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by surly
They should all step aside and give it to Ralph Nader.

http://www.votenader.org/

Democratic respondents said that if their first choice does not get the Democratic nomination, they may vote for Nader.
That would be interesting, I can see it happening to a certain extent. In NY, after the primary here, about half of all Dem voters were saying that if the dem candidate they voted for was not nominated, they wouldn't vote Democrat. Nader might be well placed to take advantage of that.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by it's just not cricket
When should he have stood aside?

Surely if anyone should stand aside now it should be Clinton.

I certainly agree with all the in-fighting helping McCain.
In the beginning when they were all thinking about running. I think they're about equal in terms of being able to do a decent job, it's just that she had been growing support for longer. The in-fighting as others have said is just reducing the chances of either of them being elected so it almost seems academic as to which of them gets the nomination at this point.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:03 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big_fish
What principle?

We have just had 7 years where they've had as much absolute control as the Constitution allows -- and a bit more they borrowed. And look at the freakin mess we're in!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Who else ... love their Pizzas
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:48 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Ray
Who else ... love their Pizzas
Yep -- old the old geezers in Sun City here will vote for him, too. Then wonder why their 401k is worth nothing!
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
Republicans are ignoring the Geneva Convention and engaging in torture. Ten years from now, when US troops are captured in some far off land and tortured, we should not be surprised if we are told that 'we did the same'.

Republicans are ingoring the Kyoto stuff and living in denial about the environment.

Republicans (many of them!) think evolution is not a valid scientific theory.

Republicans invaded Iraq on the false pretense of 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' and have so far caused 4,000 US soldiers and countless civilians to be killed in an unnecessary war.

Republicans claim (though I can't believe they really believe it) that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the current medical system.

That would be my short list of thoughts ...
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:25 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

You mean the votes not about oven chips?
Old Apr 25th 2008, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steerpike
Republicans are ignoring the Geneva Convention and engaging in torture. Ten years from now, when US troops are captured in some far off land and tortured, we should not be surprised if we are told that 'we did the same'.

Republicans are ingoring the Kyoto stuff and living in denial about the environment.

Republicans (many of them!) think evolution is not a valid scientific theory.

Republicans invaded Iraq on the false pretense of 'Weapons of Mass Destruction' and have so far caused 4,000 US soldiers and countless civilians to be killed in an unnecessary war.

Republicans claim (though I can't believe they really believe it) that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the current medical system.

That would be my short list of thoughts ...
Yeah, I know... I was making a joke based on a trolly thread from a couple of days ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530786
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

What principle?

We have just had 7 years where they've had as much absolute control as the Constitution allows -- and a bit more they borrowed. And look at the freakin mess we're in!
I have a friend who is the same. She doesn't agree with anything McCain says but will still vote for him because she can't bring herself to vote Democrat. Mental!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.