Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

NOA for I-751

NOA for I-751

Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice
Default NOA for I-751

Dear All,

I mentioned in my previous thread that I filed I-751 on March 26 and forgot to send a check of $205. I even called USCIS and spoke with an immigration officer, i asked her if i should send a check with my A# or wait, she gave me the receipt # which was already created for me and she said either you send a check with this receipt # or wait but she still said you should wait cause they will send everything back to you.

Yesterday when i got home, checked my mails and found NOA and it says "Your alien card is extended 1 Year-employment & travel authorization.................." with my correct A#, receipt # and it says "received $205 in the form of personal From: Mahdi (someone else name), poor guy they put his check with my application but everything else is correct my name is correct, my A# and my receipt #.

Please advise me what should i do ? should i write them a letter with this NOA (copy) and also send a check ? or just stay quite...

Thanks
-Query
Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOA for I-751

Originally Posted by query
Dear All,
I mentioned in my previous thread that I filed I-751 on March 26 and forgot to send a check of $205. I even called USCIS and spoke with an immigration officer, i asked her if i should send a check with my A# or wait, she gave me the receipt # which was already created for me and she said either you send a check with this receipt # or wait but she still said you should wait cause they will send everything back to you.
Call the helpline number .................
Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Dear All,

Yesterday when i got home, checked my mails and found NOA and it says "Your alien card is extended 1 Year-employment & travel authorization.................." with my correct A#, receipt # and it says "received $205 in the form of personal From: Mahdi (someone else name), poor guy they put his check with my application but everything else is correct my name is correct, my A# and my receipt #.

Please advise me what should i do ? should i write them a letter with this NOA (copy) and also send a check ? or just stay quite...

Thanks
-Query
out of interest, what service center is this?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: NOA for I-751

Dear All,

Thanks
-Query
How is "staying quite" (sic) going to help you? There's a high probability that the Green Card you may receive may have somebody else's name on it.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'd send a new money order..........with a cover letter explaining what happened.

If you stay quiet, then it could just further you wait down the line.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
How is "staying quite" (sic) going to help you? There's a high probability that the Green Card you may receive may have somebody else's name on it.
That's OK she can just stick her own name over it, and her photo if necessary.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

query is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nicequery is just really nice

Originally Posted by Manc
I'd send a new money order..........with a cover letter explaining what happened.

If you stay quiet, then it could just further you wait down the line.
Thanks Manc, yeah it makes sense

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
-query
Old Apr 7th 2006, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
That's OK she can just stick her own name over it, and her photo if necessary.
Did you watch a lot of Blue Peter as a kid?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 3:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celsius
Did you watch a lot of Blue Peter as a kid?
Not really its just a gift I have.
Old Apr 7th 2006, 4:54 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Staying quiet not only means potential problems for YOUR application, but it DEFINITELY means the person whose check was cashed WILL have problems.

Imagine yourself in that person's shoes:

You mailed in your I-751 application and a $205 check for the application fee. Perhaps you mailed it return receipt, so you know for a fact that the application (and the check) was received by USCIS. Some time later you notice that your check has been cashed -- a good sign, things are moving forward. Then a few weeks (or months) later, you get an RFE because there was no application fee included with your application.

WHAT?!? How can this be?? You KNOW the check was included because it's been cashed!

You begin to suffer from stress and sleepless nights, trying to figure out how to resolve this issue. You call the I-800 misinformation line and waste time trying to get through to someone. You waste time talking to your bank, trying to get a clear front/back copy of the cancelled check. You sent the check copy to USCIS and just hope that it will be enough to fix things, because you can't afford to send in another $205, and that it won't delay your application any longer.

But thankfully, you're NOT that person.

Instead, you are in the position to do the RIGHT and DECENT THING, which is contacting USCIS and letting them know that someone else's check has been matched up in error with your application. You give them the person's name and anything else you have which will help them locate that person's file. And you send your own check/money order to cover your own application fee.

I'm surprised this is even in question!!!

~ Jenney
Old Apr 7th 2006, 5:40 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There is a US visa and immigration section to this website...
Old Apr 7th 2006, 5:57 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
There is a US visa and immigration section to this website...
Yeah, but are they able to offer advice on common-sense and basic morals questions like this? Honestly, how difficult is it to know the right thing to do in this situation?!?
Old Apr 7th 2006, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Yeah, but are they able to offer advice on common-sense and basic morals questions like this? Honestly, how difficult is it to know the right thing to do in this situation?!?

I completely agree - there should be no question - pity the poor bastard whose check it is!

And for the love of God its only 200 bux, it might be tempting if it was 10k - come on do the right thing.. especially as you have now posted your dilema on a public forum!
Old Apr 7th 2006, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Big D
I completely agree - there should be no question - pity the poor bastard whose check it is!

And for the love of God its only 200 bux, it might be tempting if it was 10k - come on do the right thing.. especially as you have now posted your dilema on a public forum!
This is what exactly i m going to do, i called USCIS but no one picked up the phone. I will write a cover letter with my $205 check.

It's not about money, all i wanted to know what i am suppose to do, should i call/write them ? or wait for their response.

I got my answer as i always do from this site.

Thanks for your support.

-query
Old Apr 7th 2006, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Staying quiet not only means potential problems for YOUR application, but it DEFINITELY means the person whose check was cashed WILL have problems.

I'm surprised this is even in question!!!

~ Jenney
My thoughts exactly. Do some people never think for themselves, just expect others to do it for them? For gods sake do the right thing surely you can work that out for yourself.