Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

No wonder medical bills are so expensive

No wonder medical bills are so expensive

Old Feb 6th 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default No wonder medical bills are so expensive

A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary surgery.
As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said,
"I'm so sorry, Polly has passed away."
The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just
be in a coma or something."
The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room, returning a few moments later with a beautiful black
Labrador.
As the bird's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his
hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the deadparrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet fussed the dog and took it out, but returned a few moments later with a cat. The cat jumped up and also sniffed delicately at the ex-bird.
The cat sat back, shook its head, meowed and ran out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but like I said, your parrot is most definitely 100% certifiably ..... dead."
He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman.
The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "£150!, she cried, £150 just to tell me my bird is dead.!!"
The vet shrugged.............

"If you'd taken my word for it the bill would only have been £20, but what with the Lab report and the cat scan......"
Old Feb 6th 2004, 4:35 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

groan
Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No wonder medical bills are so expensive

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
A woman brought a very limp parrot into a veterinary surgery.
As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said,
"I'm so sorry, Polly has passed away."
The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just
be in a coma or something."
The vet rolled his eyes, shrugged, turned and left the room, returning a few moments later with a beautiful black
Labrador.
As the bird's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his
hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the deadparrot from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet fussed the dog and took it out, but returned a few moments later with a cat. The cat jumped up and also sniffed delicately at the ex-bird.
The cat sat back, shook its head, meowed and ran out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but like I said, your parrot is most definitely 100% certifiably ..... dead."
He then turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman.
The parrot's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "£150!, she cried, £150 just to tell me my bird is dead.!!"
The vet shrugged.............

"If you'd taken my word for it the bill would only have been £20, but what with the Lab report and the cat scan......"
Maybe it was pining for the fjords.
Old Feb 6th 2004, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Maybe it was pining for the fjords.

Oh no, it was definately deceased, when I got home, I took the liberty of examining it and discovered the fact that the only reason it was still on it's perch was because it had been nailed there