Nice to see Americans obeying other countries POE's

Nice to see Americans obeying other countries POE's

Old Feb 12th 2004, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

simbacat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by manc1976
not for me.
don't give that crap a second thought.

when we die we die. don't need some tosspot in a pointy hat telling me to be good in the off chance there is a heaven.
Well if you want to see it like that thats fine. I am just really irritated since the quote comes from people who believe and they using this to make some sort of statement. To me it always sounds like God give us the best and to the rest of the world the sh*t.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:08 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by simbacat
May I help out.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/SZA202B.html

Yep, looks like there is enough dirty linen to through around at every government. Whereas the current US administration has issues and questions about what it is doing, the same could be said about every other government, especially back at Westminister, London. No one is innocent or clean.

But those that want to throw up dirt at the US government should not object the same exposure applied to their own government. The exchange and debate should, imho, be two-way and not all one-way traffic. After all, the current US administration is in its mind fighting to defend America (and they might add, the rest of the free world) in a post-911 environment. Yeah, they are not perfect, yeah, they will make mistakes, yeah they will team up with the wrong people (and hopefully try to correct later). It's not a perfect world, it is not a perfect US government, but that is what elections are for, to throw out an administration come election time. Voters will get that opportunity later this year. Role on democracy (albeit not perfect democracy).

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:08 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patent Attorney
My reference was to the war on terror ...

2001: US declares war on terror
You do realise terror is not actually an enemy but a weapon. Saying your at war with Terror is like saying your at war with Sarcasm!

The only terrorist there are at the moment are the american news channels, the way they report things is the only thing that terrorises me, that and GWB thinks you can fight Terror!

Patrick
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:25 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
You should know, you and ya fenian filth have probably marked it down for bombing in the past.
No, I have never supported any version of the IRA. More broadly, I have never supported any terrorist outfit at any time, past, present, never ever. If you keep insisting that I am "fenian filth" I will seek to protect my reputation. It will not be for me to prove that I am not as you say "fenian filth" but for you to prove that I am. Through appropriate legal means I will sue you for substantial damages. Are you going to retract your libel? If you do, I will forget about it.

Yes, I do support a united Ireland for Ireland, but I do not support any violent any terror outfit that seeks the same by violent means or through intimidation of any kind. The Irish government supports the same, like many other law abiding citizens who lawfully hold the same political view.

If you do not completely withdraw your explicit libel you will give me no choice but to seek legal redress. I will probably begin by filing a federal complaint and a subpoena of this site to discover your biographical information.

I have big tuition loans to pay back, if you want to pay them for me, so be it. Retract or face a law suit. I am a lawyer, so it is not exactly skin off my nose to write a complaint up. I really rather not sue you, I really don’t want your money, but if you don’t retract you don’t give me a choice in the matter.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:26 pm
Franklin

The current ira ? U supported a previous version then ?

i find your comments re the Anglo-Irish situation deeply offensive, the bombing & murder of innocent lives has never been acceptable, but you make out it was justified by the London governments acts against Ireland.
No, I have never supported any version of the IRA. More broadly, I have never supported any terrorist outfit at any time, past, present, never ever. If you keep insisting that I am "fenian filth" I will seek to protect my reputation. It will not be for me to prove that I am not as you say "fenian filth" but for you to prove that I am. Through appropriate legal means I will sue you for substantial damages. Are you going to retract your libel? If you do, I will forget about it.

Yes, I do support a united Ireland for Ireland, but I do not support any violent any terror outfit that seeks the same by violent means or through intimidation of any kind. The Irish government supports the same, like many other law abiding citizens who lawfully hold the same political view.

If you do not completely withdraw your explicit libel you will give me no choice but to seek legal redress. I will probably begin by filing a federal complaint and a subpoena of this site to discover your biographical information.

I have big tuition loans to pay back, if you want to pay them for me, so be it. Retract or face a law suit. I am a lawyer, so it is not exactly skin off my nose to write a complaint up. I really rather not sue you, I really don’t want your money, but if you don’t retract you don’t give me a choice in the matter.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:36 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by Patrick
You do realise terror is not actually an enemy but a weapon. Saying your at war with Terror is like saying your at war with Sarcasm!

The only terrorist there are at the moment are the american news channels, the way they report things is the only thing that terrorises me, that and GWB thinks you can fight Terror!

Patrick
errrr, I didn't declare war on terror, I think it was the President of the United States who did that.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:41 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

errrr, I didn't declare war on terror, I think it was the President of the United States who did that.
well we know he's a jackass
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:42 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't excuse IRA acts of terror, but the IRA was formed because of what London did to Ireland - split it into two parts.
The first IRA formed in 1866 and was nothing to do with the partitian of Ireland.

That's all I've got to say about that!
Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:47 pm
Franklin

The bastard is another Gerry Adams. No wonder he could not wait to flee to Chicago & rattle a few noraid tins. I bet you are the kind of retard who goes bleating in the bars about British oppression of the poor Catholics to drum up some extra $$ to murder the innocent. Personally I would not piss on your kind if they were on fire.

The Scots have their own parliament, the Welsh an assembly. Only the English have no self governing authority, and the government is full of Scots people. Blair, Brown, Reid etc. Not forgetting Cook & Irvine when they were there.
Being offended does not give you a legal right to libel me; you are a VA resident so I can file in a VA state court. I really don't want you served with a summons/complaint, but unless you completely and unequivocally state in an apology from you that you had no grounds for make such a libelous statement about me you really don't give me much choice in the matter. I advise you to seek legal counsel in this matter as soon as possible. On my part, I will use the legal services of my business partner, an attorney with three years plus of litigation experience.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 9:52 pm
Franklin

Originally posted by sibsie
The first IRA formed in 1866 and was nothing to do with the partitian of Ireland.

That's all I've got to say about that!
Then I stand corrected - but my understanding is that the Provisional IRA were formed in the 1900s, not in the 1800s.

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:00 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

The IRA first formed in 1866. It dissolved as part of the agreement for the Republic to be formed which was the best deal Michael Collins could get at the time. There was a small bombing campaign against England in the late 1930's which ended soon after.

The Prov IRA as we know them now started up again in the 60's. There have however been various freedom fighters and organisations in Eire since well before the 1800s with the IRA being just one of them. The original IRA would be ashamed of the current IRA.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:36 pm
Franklin

The IRA first formed in 1866. It dissolved as part of the agreement for the Republic to be formed which was the best deal Michael Collins could get at the time. There was a small bombing campaign against England in the late 1930's which ended soon after.

The Prov IRA as we know them now started up again in the 60's. There have however been various freedom fighters and organisations in Eire since well before the 1800s with the IRA being just one of them. The original IRA would be ashamed of the current IRA.
I don't doubt it (re: "original IRA would be ashamed of the current IRA.") I seemed to recall a documentary (or watching a part thereof) where the original IRA got the rough end of a political deal even if it was the best deal that Michael Collins could get at the time. I also seem to recall (but from memory, so might be wrong) that the leader of the original IRA was illegally killed. Is that true? If so, was it an off-shoot IRA of the original IRA that killed him? It gets a bit convoluted.

The funny thing about this is that when I met Tony Blair in Chicago (the first sitting British PM to actually visit and give a talk in Chicago, Winston Churchill once traveled through Chicago on a train, but he did not get off the train) … when I met Tony Blair (there were lots of people in the room, I don't want to give the impression that it was just me, the acting Chairman and an honary Labour Party member!) and got introduced to him by the acting Chairman of the Chicago contingent of the British Labour Party, outside was a demonstration about Ireland.

Somehow, I think if I was a member of the IRA or linked with the IRA, the British security service would have made sure I was no where near him. I should imagine that they kept tabs on such people, particularly those likely to come into close contact with him (the room – at the top of a hotel on Michigan – was filled with politicians and “important people�, most of whom I never heard of, but I was still a Brit and not really into US politics at the time, the senior partner pointed out a few people but I did not know them, one person I did recognize was Mosley Brawn (might be spelt Braun), she said she was thinking of running for something, I can’t remember if she said it was for the next US President, but she quipped that the senior partner (i.e. the "honary LP supporter/member from a law firm I worked in) should be a campaign manager, he was a strong Democratic supporter which seemed to interest her. *shrugs*

Old Feb 12th 2004, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

edwords is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by manc1976
That's another point.

the night of 9/11/01
George Bush got on the telly and said he is to fight terrorism.
No longer should the people of the world live in fear.

I took this statement to mean that Terrorism all over the world would be clamped down on, which I would love to see.
Coalition of all countries, against fundamentalism of all causes.
That's not the case though.
America is quite trigger happy to go after those who cause them harm, yet tries to mediate peace with all other countries and their terrorist elements.

double standards that Clinton was just as guilty of as Bush is.
You want America to be the world's cop? I think that's a notion most people on this board would abhor.
The U.S.'s responsibility is to get the people who are out to get us. The nation can't, and shouldn't, get involved in every conflict in the world.
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:01 pm
C.G.D.S

I don't doubt it (re: "original IRA would be ashamed of the current IRA.") I seemed to recall a documentary (or watching a part thereof) where the original IRA got the rough end of a political deal even if it was the best deal that Michael Collins could get at the time. I also seem to recall (but from memory, so might be wrong) that the leader of the original IRA was illegally killed. Is that true? If so, was it an off-shoot IRA of the original IRA that killed him? It gets a bit convoluted.
What years are you talking about? It does all get very complicated. I studied Irish history have a very well known ancestor involved in freedom fighting and still get lost in it all.

My grandma had a picture of Michael Collins hanging in the hallway of her house. The boys came round collecting for the cause and asked to buy the pic. She gave them a real earful and said words to the effect of "what would you butchers know of the likes of Michael Collins".
Old Feb 12th 2004, 11:17 pm
Franklin

What years are you talking about? It does all get very complicated. I studied Irish history have a very well known ancestor involved in freedom fighting and still get lost in it all.

My grandma had a picture of Michael Collins hanging in the hallway of her house. The boys came round collecting for the cause and asked to buy the pic. She gave them a real earful and said words to the effect of "what would you butchers know of the likes of Michael Collins".
There were talks going on between (the original?) IRA and the British government, around 1910 or 1920, in that range I think, might be a few years earlier or later, sorry I remember bits of the documentary I saw.

But if I recall correctly, there were talks, that version of the IRA did not get a good deal and disappeared or got consumed by another version of the IRA. It is very convoluted, so not sure. But I seem to recall that the leader of that version of the IRA got murdered - maybe linked to dissatisfaction with the outcome of the then talks. Yes it is confusing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.