Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newbie moving to Kentucky!!

Newbie moving to Kentucky!!

Old Jan 27th 2012, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newbie moving to Kentucky!!

Originally Posted by heronbird82
hi there!! thank you! I think it is a place called Pleasure ridge park. Ive been many times but get mixed up with the locations!! I like it a lot! what about you?
You're not the only one who gets mixed up with the locations I'm in St Matthews (close to expressways, shopping, the malls, Lexington Rd and Frankfurt Ave etc)
Old Jan 27th 2012, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brigette
You're not the only one who gets mixed up with the locations I'm in St Matthews (close to expressways, shopping, the malls, Lexington Rd and Frankfurt Ave etc)
That's the area my OH and I are trying to move to after we have a bit more cash saved up! Yay for Mall @ St. Matthews!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
That's the area my OH and I are trying to move to after we have a bit more cash saved up! Yay for Mall @ St. Matthews!
I've been visiting the Oxmoor Mall (Apple store) of late because my iPhone keeps acting up. It has been replaced twice in 3 months
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice

Oh, you're making me homesick! I loved living in Louisville (Lake Forest, Middletown way) and wish I was there instead of here. When we pop down to visit friends, I always try to fit in a visit to the Cheesecake factory as they've not made their way this far north yet. It was great to see the redevelopment of the city with 4th street while we were there, and now the cards have new stadiums too. My OH goes down there a few times a year for work but it never seems to be at times when we can tag along
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

heronbird82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh, PRP, the southwest side of L'ville. I'm a Valley Station girl, so Dixie Highway is my old stomping grounds. Although a lot has changed since I moved from that area back in 2000 (when I went to uni). We currently live in Bullitt County (about 20min. south of L'ville).

We just moved back from Scotland in Dec. and are staying with my mom. We hope to move back into L'ville in the next few months. We're saving up some cash since we have to replace all the stuff we sold before we moved! Moving countries is damn expensive!

Based on your username, were you born in '82? That makes you about my brother's age. I'm going to be soo old this year - turning 34!

Cool!! well actually my husband says we will be nearer valley station! how cool is that?! My sister-in laws husband is from bullit county!! yes I am going to be 30 in June- you say you feel old but i feel old too!!! I am learning to just embrace it though!
Old Jan 27th 2012, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

heronbird82 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha! cool I love the mall st matthews!!
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Karen68
Oh, you're making me homesick! I loved living in Louisville (Lake Forest, Middletown way) and wish I was there instead of here. When we pop down to visit friends, I always try to fit in a visit to the Cheesecake factory as they've not made their way this far north yet. It was great to see the redevelopment of the city with 4th street while we were there, and now the cards have new stadiums too. My OH goes down there a few times a year for work but it never seems to be at times when we can tag along
Yes the development here has been nothing short of amazing. Lake Forest is a beautiful neighborhood. I renew my drivers license in Middletown (off Shelbyville Rd). No cheesecake factory? Ouch I hope you get to visit more often. Also the weather there must be horrible compared to Louisville. Thus far winter has been mild.
Old Jan 28th 2012, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by heronbird82
haha! cool I love the mall st matthews!!
Me too. I'm so bad directionally. Even my nephew does better than I do with directions
Old Jan 28th 2012, 4:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

..Thus far winter has been mild.
Is this your first winter here? If so, be warned this weather has been extremely mild (except for those pesky tornadoes last week), and no where near as cold as it usually gets. I actually miss the sub-zero temps and actually having snow on the ground - which we've had the last 2 years!
Old Jan 28th 2012, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Is this your first winter here? If so, be warned this weather has been extremely mild (except for those pesky tornadoes last week), and no where near as cold as it usually gets. I actually miss the sub-zero temps and actually having snow on the ground - which we've had the last 2 years!
No not my first winter here, but I'm actually loving the winter this year. that it will stay this way throughout winter