Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Newbie moving to Kentucky!!

Newbie moving to Kentucky!!

Old Jan 17th 2012, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Karen68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really niceKaren68 is just really nice
Default Re: Newbie moving to Kentucky!!

When we moved to Louisville for our first overseas stint, I noticed on the TV schedule that there was a 'UK news'. I was so pleased that I would be able to get news from back in Blighty and was completely flummoxed when said programme came on and I didn't have the faintest idea what was going on.

Anyway, go Cards, grrrrr!
Old Jan 18th 2012, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Karen68
When we moved to Louisville for our first overseas stint, I noticed on the TV schedule that there was a 'UK news'. I was so pleased that I would be able to get news from back in Blighty and was completely flummoxed when said programme came on and I didn't have the faintest idea what was going on.

Anyway, go Cards, grrrrr!
that is too funny
Old Jan 20th 2012, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brigette
Where in KY do you live (if you don't mind me asking)?
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
BritishGuy36 lives in Ohio. I know where... but it's not my place to say!
I purposefully [and flagrantly!] evade significant state taxes by crossing the 'border' from southern Ohio to Huntington WV to go to work.

Why anyone who works in Huntington would live there is beyond me.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
I purposefully [and flagrantly!] evade significant state taxes by crossing the 'border' from southern Ohio to Huntington WV to go to work.
I do the same by crossing from eastern Kentucky to work in Huntington.

Why anyone who works in Huntington would live there is beyond me.
Amen!

Ian
Old Jan 20th 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute

Having lived in WV when I first arrived here, I tend to agree with you, although I follow the Mountaineers rather than the Thundering Herd.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redwing
Having lived in WV when I first arrived here, I tend to agree with you, although I follow the Mountaineers rather than the Thundering Herd.
My wife works part-time for WVU... I work full-time for Marshall. It's a sad time at our house during the annual Friends of Coal Bowl. I keep hoping for a Herd win, but so far...

Ian
Old Jan 25th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Im in Kentucky
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

heronbird82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Imamoving2012
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and looking to chat with people who have recently moved to Kentucky!!
hi there I'm Judith I am also moving to kentucky, Louisville to be exact! I know i havent moved yet but thought I'd say hi anyway!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

paulinespens will become famous soon enoughpaulinespens will become famous soon enough

Im about 30 miles of Downtown Louisville so if you need to know anything feel free too ask.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heronbird82
hi there I'm Judith I am also moving to kentucky, Louisville to be exact! I know i havent moved yet but thought I'd say hi anyway!
I'm a Louisville native (OH is a UKC), so if you have any questions just ask!
Old Jan 25th 2012, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

Hi,

Congrats on your upcoming move to Louisville. Where exactly in Louisville will you be? Do you know yet?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Brigette
Hi,

Congrats on your upcoming move to Louisville. Where exactly in Louisville will you be? Do you know yet?
hi there!! thank you! I think it is a place called Pleasure ridge park. Ive been many times but get mixed up with the locations!! I like it a lot! what about you?
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
I'm a Louisville native (OH is a UKC), so if you have any questions just ask!
thank you so much!!! I showed my husband this page (he is the USC) and he LOVED your name on here!! hehe
Old Jan 26th 2012, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Im really excited but nervous about move! But im so excited about how friendly people are on here! wanting to help etc. Praise God for kentuckians!! hehe
Old Jan 27th 2012, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

hi there!! thank you! I think it is a place called Pleasure ridge park. Ive been many times but get mixed up with the locations!! I like it a lot! what about you?
Ahh, PRP, the southwest side of L'ville. I'm a Valley Station girl, so Dixie Highway is my old stomping grounds. Although a lot has changed since I moved from that area back in 2000 (when I went to uni). We currently live in Bullitt County (about 20min. south of L'ville).

We just moved back from Scotland in Dec. and are staying with my mom. We hope to move back into L'ville in the next few months. We're saving up some cash since we have to replace all the stuff we sold before we moved! Moving countries is damn expensive!

Based on your username, were you born in '82? That makes you about my brother's age. I'm going to be soo old this year - turning 34!

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Jan 27th 2012 at 1:34 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.