Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

This new NBC soccer channel then

This new NBC soccer channel then

Old Aug 23rd 2013, 5:24 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This new NBC soccer channel then

Originally Posted by Uncle_Bob
That doesn't seem right. I recently had my cable replaced from the cable company box at the end of my yard to the cable box on the side of my house (otherwise known as the main point of entry). The cable company are responsible for everything up to that point. Its a bit cheeky asking you to provide conduit when the main cable loop that runs around your neighborhood is not in conduit and is just buried about a foot underground.

When I lived in MA i dug up an old tree at the corner of my yard a few feet from the street and planted a new one. I then went inside, hit the recliner with a beer and looked out the window to admire my efforts. All of sudden 3 cable vans show up, a bunch of guys with what looked like metal detectors are walking up and down the edge of my yard. I popped out the back to check my yard waste and sure enough found the 2 foot section of cable covered in mud that looked like a tree root. I took the whole streets cable TV out out just before the superbowl
Whoops! Did the neighbors know you did it? Bet you were popular!!
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

OhioLiz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lansbury
One difference I have noticed between NBC and Fox Soccer is that Fox showed replays of the matches during the week, NBC don't seem to be doing that. Tried the search function on my DirecTV box and no replays came up.
We noticed that, too, as my husband was trying to search and found nothing. And, someone told us that the app only has one match available to replay for now (although the plan is to eventually enable replay for all matches).

Thanks all for the Uverse feedback--not sure yet what to do aside from give TWC another week or two to see if they share their plans.
Old Aug 23rd 2013, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Quick FYI--looks like an Android app update is due today or tomorrow with an IOS update next week. Still no app on TWC (and per their message board/Facebook comments they're telling porkies and saying that NBC hasn't granted them access).

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/08/2...d-by-tomorrow/
Old Aug 24th 2013, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OhioLiz
Quick FYI--looks like an Android app update is due today or tomorrow with an IOS update next week.
No Windows Phone love I see.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 10:17 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
No Windows Phone love I see.
There's a good reason for that....
Old Aug 24th 2013, 2:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Android update this morning....it's much better. It doesn't crash and you can watch content.

There's just one little, tiny problem with it. Live streaming doesn't actually work.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob
Android update this morning....it's much better. It doesn't crash and you can watch content.

There's just one little, tiny problem with it. Live streaming doesn't actually work.
Just read similar-issues on Nexus 7 and SG3 but SG4 is okay (says one bloke, another says the opp) so seems to vary by device. No access here thanks to TWC, but they did add the Extra channels to their own app so we have full live access at home (but cannot watch on the go).

Last edited by OhioLiz; Aug 24th 2013 at 3:22 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2013, 3:32 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

Yep, it's broken for me today as well watching via my web browser. ARGH.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond reputeLord PercyPercy has a reputation beyond repute

I have one minor gripe with their coverage, when watching their version of MOTD, they show you some of the action from the game coming up after the break. That's fine for a multi-goal thriller, sure, but don't show me the one goal in a 1-0 game before you actually show me the game. I might as well fast forward unless I know there's a horrendous tackle involved somewhere.
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

cant get it on dish as far as I can see unless I pay another $35 a month for the next 'package'
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:09 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the Utd - Chelsea coverage. Oh dear. Robbie Mustoe? Really?
Old Aug 26th 2013, 10:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

You should know you're doing something wrong if you have 2 ex-Wednesday players commentating on the goings on (Mustoe and Ekoku)
Old Sep 29th 2013, 3:38 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

So anyone else having any luck with the Android app?

So far, with the numerous updates, I'm able to watch content that isn't live fine, but anything live, I keep hitting "play" and nothing happens.

iOS app works pretty well, still the ads, still annoying trailer advert every so often and not able to go to the next live feed, but have to hit "done" to go to the main screen and then hit the next feed.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Weirdly enough, the streaming service seems to work fine from the UK without any proxy. I just signed in with my US cable provider credentials and there it was.
Old Sep 30th 2013, 1:49 pm
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
Weirdly enough, the streaming service seems to work fine from the UK without any proxy. I just signed in with my US cable provider credentials and there it was.
That must have changed, as you used to require a proxy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.