Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

New Jersey job offer

New Jersey job offer

Old Oct 16th 2007, 5:20 pm
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Jersey job offer

JG didn't tell you that NJ has the world's worst drivers. It must something in the water, all those chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:17 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by susiesue
Yes the children will be in school, we live in the countryside in the uk so I guess I was wondering how accessible the countryside in NJ is for evenings weekends etc. The links people have given have been very usefull and we are waiting to hear where my husband would be based so we can look at areas around there. Many thanks for the links
SS
I just moved to New Jersey from Boston......the countryside is very accessible here. NJ is called the Garden State and right now it is stunning - the fall foliage is at its peak. I am sure you will find some amazing walks, hikes and areas to visit wherever you land.

We love going by the Delaware River on weekends in summer (so pretty), this weekend we are heading to The Great Swamp (lol!) and other weekends we have gone to the shore and Liberty State Park and countless other areas. We see have seen squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies, bats, foxes, deer, eagles .....and are looking out for groundhogs and black bears. Never thought I would say it but I love it here....and I was in Boston for over 10 years and loved it there!

Good luck and let us know where you land.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:20 am
trout pout

looselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of lightlooselips is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
JG didn't tell you that NJ has the world's worst drivers. It must something in the water, all those chemical and pharmaceutical companies.
PS: I agree with NJ having the worst drivers. I always thought Texas was bad but NJ beats them! They do not know how to use roundabouts, never indicate, are aggressive and hog the middle lane. I owe Patrick Hasler an apology as I thought he egzagerated how bad drivers were here...my experience of visiting here several times a year and now living in this state opened my eyes. Truly awful drivers....but I suspect they are proud of this fact!