Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:53 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Originally Posted by Leslie66
I'm stunned at how many people on this thread are willing to give up their rights while stomping all over the Constitution.
But Something Must Be Done! Apparently...
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
It is an election year after all!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's exactly it.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:45 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of

No. AZ is criminalising failure to possess alien registration documents, which is a crime in federal law.
Only if you actually have the document.

I thought the same thing you have stated, and stated so a while ago, but someone looked up the statue and corrected me. (and I'm glad for it)

If you are a Permanent Resident, it is a crime to NOT to carry the document, but if you are an illegal alien, it is not a crime to not carry a green card, as you don;t have one to carry. It's only a crime to not carry the Green card that has been issued to you.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

oh dear - off with my head... this thread seems to be in support of the illegals not being found and removed. That's how I see it anyway. Right, now you can form a queue and start to strip me of my skin again. Wow, I love this forum so much!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I see we've reached the "going round in circles" point.
Yup.

I'm stunned at how many people on this thread are willing to give up their rights while stomping all over the Constitution.
Me too.

It is an election year after all!
Madam Brewer is riding high in the opinion polls. Too bad she'll fall like a rock when parts of SB 1070 gets axed.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:09 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964

Madam Brewer is riding high in the opinion polls. Too bad she'll fall like a rock when parts of SB 1070 gets axed.
Oh don't be so sure. The simple-minded will still think of her as the one that tried to get "something" done. Even if that "something" was completely ineffectual and probably illegal.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh don't be so sure. The simple-minded will still think of her as the one that tried to get "something" done. Even if that "something" was completely ineffectual and probably illegal.
True too sadly. I'm sure she's the darling of the Teabaggers.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of lightjeepgirluk is a glorious beacon of light

but it's ok that the Federal Government does nothing? It's ok that there are millions of illegal aliens in the country and when one state takes a stand that stand is unconstitutional and illegal. Is it better just to ignore the problem and hope it goes away on its own?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by A I
Only if you actually have the document.

I thought the same thing you have stated, and stated so a while ago, but someone looked up the statue and corrected me. (and I'm glad for it)

If you are a Permanent Resident, it is a crime to NOT to carry the document, but if you are an illegal alien, it is not a crime to not carry a green card, as you don;t have one to carry. It's only a crime to not carry the Green card that has been issued to you.
If you are not a PR then you are required to carry evidence of your status, Passport and I 94.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:22 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
but it's ok that the Federal Government does nothing? It's ok that there are millions of illegal aliens in the country and when one state takes a stand that stand is unconstitutional and illegal. Is it better just to ignore the problem and hope it goes away on its own?

Hmmmm ... sounds almost like a conspiracy or something. Maybe like some people in this country might actually want an endless supply of slave labor. I mean what a concept huh? Historically unheard of, right?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmm ... sounds almost like a conspiracy or something. Maybe like some people in this country might actually want an endless supply of slave labor. I mean what a concept huh? Historically unheard of, right?
Not a lot of people know this, but it was the Dems who were pro slavery at the time of the American Civil War.

So lots of historical precedence.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hmmm that's a hard one... oh well I'l just get an illegal housekeeper then. Why stop a good thing, just jump on board. What an absolute crock of crap.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:34 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler
Not a lot of people know this, but it was the Dems who were pro slavery at the time of the American Civil War.

So lots of historical precedence.
That's pretty simplified but not entirely untrue. The parties have "flipped" on a lot of stuff. The old time Republicans would definitely be turning in their graves at the thought of their party being hijacked by the religious right.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:40 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeepgirluk
Hmmm that's a hard one... oh well I'l just get an illegal housekeeper then. Why stop a good thing, just jump on board. What an absolute crock of crap.
I think Arizona are being selfish because it is a desert state, so there are no lawns to be mowed there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.