Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Old May 19th 2010, 3:37 pm
A I
not even a fake TV lawyer

A I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud ofA I has much to be proud of
Default Re: new Arizona illegal immigration enforcement law

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
I think I agree with the other poster fwiw - it doesn't say every alien must have a certificate of alien registration, it says that "every alien...shall at all times carry with him ... any certificate of alien registration or alien registration receipt card issued to him". If no such card has been issued to me, then I am not under any obligation to have one.
Brit3964 and lapin_windstar

I stand corrected. I did not fully grasp the Issued to Him portion, which is pretty clear. Thank you for pointing this out.

So under what statue are folks normally removed from the country once caught ? I know currently in Houston there was a pilot to station an ICE guy at the local jail, and so after booking this guy would be a "check-point" type of stop you would have to clear before leaving. Not sure what happened to this.
Old May 19th 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

The more I think about it, AZ politicians are really dumb. Take their argument of reducing costs to the taxpayer by eliminating the illegal presence. How do they expect to do this? Making being illegal a criminal act will mean when caught, they will have to be held in jail until their court date. The cost for which being borne by the AZ taxpayer. Federal government runs the current system of detention centers and the associated costs come from Federal budgets. If AZ taxpayers don't like a 1% raise in sales tax now what do they think they'll be have to be raising in the future?
Old May 19th 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm correct in saying that at all aliens must be inspected at a Port of Entry for legal arrival. If you were not inspected (EWI) then you would be considered illegal. There are some exceptions such as C and D visas (land or air crew), TPS and Advance Parole entries.
Old May 19th 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
The more I think about it, AZ politicians are really dumb. Take their argument of reducing costs to the taxpayer by eliminating the illegal presence. How do they expect to do this? Making being illegal a criminal act will mean when caught, they will have to be held in jail until their court date. The cost for which being borne by the AZ taxpayer. Federal government runs the current system of detention centers and the associated costs come from Federal budgets. If AZ taxpayers don't like a 1% raise in sales tax now what do they think they'll be have to be raising in the future?
Looks like the 1% hike passed. From the local newspaper :

The Arizona Secretary of State's website reported unofficial results as of 12:55 a.m., which showed 64 percent of voters casting ballots in favor of Proposition 100. About 36 percent voted against the measure.
Old May 19th 2010, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit3964
.......and then there is this:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/21908619
Old May 19th 2010, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

CelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond reputeCelticRover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CelticRover

.......and on the otherhand, we have this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqPo...layer_embedded
Old May 19th 2010, 6:47 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lapin_windstar
There are no mobile police fingerprint scanners in the UK, in traffic cops' cars or otherwise. Not everyone in the UK (whether citizen or non-citizen) has had their fingerprints taken, so failure to appear on the Home Office database would not prove anything. You are not required to show a police officer a driving licence when stopped in the UK (maybe in NI, actually - licences were always different there). There is no general requirement to carry ID in the UK and hasn't been since after the war. You're just making this stuff up as you go along.

Before we go any further, let me ask you a question: you seem to talk a lot about "here" as if you live in the UK. Is that correct? Are you English/some sort of Brit yourself?
I live in England born and raised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6170070.stm

What could this be here...... Why it's a little hand held fingerprint scanner Being tested by ten police forces across England and Wales as of 2006 Linked to 6.5 million prints in the Police National Computer probably more like 8 million now I don't know if it is still being used now it probably is I never heard it was phased out

Last edited by bowenaj37; May 19th 2010 at 6:53 pm.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by CelticRover
An unintended consequence for sure. Like I said, AZ politicians aren't the smartest.
Old May 19th 2010, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

........but will there be other issues to deal with as a result?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R10ljA0-sHs
Old May 19th 2010, 7:01 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing official, but I wish you guys would post a summary of what the links are so we don't have to click through blind.
With videos, if you embed them with the film reel icon, at least people can see what the title is and get your point without having to click through.

thanks
Old May 19th 2010, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Nothing official, but I wish you guys would post a summary of what the links are so we don't have to click through blind.
With videos, if you embed them with the film reel icon, at least people can see what the title is and get your point without having to click through.

thanks
Seconded! I hate links without a summary / extract ....
Old May 19th 2010, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
I live in England born and raised.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6170070.stm

What could this be here...... Why it's a little hand held fingerprint scanner Being tested by ten police forces across England and Wales as of 2006 Linked to 6.5 million prints in the Police National Computer probably more like 8 million now I don't know if it is still being used now it probably is I never heard it was phased out

It appears to be still be at the pilot stage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-1916123.html

Your scattergun approach to pronouncements is getting really annoying.
Old May 19th 2010, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

Seconded
Old May 19th 2010, 11:11 pm
Banned

bowenaj37 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux

No suggestion it will be connected to the immigration databases from the border agency we shall wait and see.
Old May 19th 2010, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bowenaj37
No suggestion it will be connected to the immigration databases from the border agency we shall wait and see.
We have a separate thread for random comments.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.