Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Neil Entwhistle charged with Murder of Wife and Daughter

Neil Entwhistle charged with Murder of Wife and Daughter

Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:48 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neil Entwhistle charged with Murder of Wife and Daughter

Originally Posted by Leslie66
What makes you think that? Because he "intended" to do a murder suicide? Murder and suicide are both illegal so that's not much of a defense. He had the guts to kill two people yet was too chicken to kill himself? If that is the case..... I think the jury will loathe him all the more.

I say he'll get life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. Double homicide UNLESS the prosecution fails to prove their case.

I know suicide is technically illegal - but the prosecution rate is terribly low.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:49 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Have they not seen CSI??????

Just get the special spray out and soak everything, the time of death then appears only under an ultra-violet light.

Gees some people.
They probably actually do have the time of death determined now.... they're just not releasing it to the press..... law enforcement won't want to tip their hand if they don't have to. I'll bet anything that the UK was waiting for the time of death to be established and once they had that information they moved to arrest and extradite him. Neil is going down.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CarlM
I know suicide is technically illegal - but the prosecution rate is terribly low.
Right but using it as a defense is pretty lame.

"Yes your honor you should really absolve me of this double homicide. You see, I'm actually supposed to be dead right now. So if things had gone according to plan you and I wouldn't even be having this conversation."

WTF?
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:58 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think that? Because he "intended" to do a murder suicide? Murder and suicide are both illegal so that's not much of a defense. He had the guts to kill two people yet was too chicken to kill himself? If that is the case..... I think the jury will loathe him all the more.

I say he'll get life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. Double homicide UNLESS the prosecution fails to prove their case.
My thinking is that the defense can play it 2 ways.
1. Go for an acquital - right now there seems to be very little concrete evidence - its all circumstantial and this case could be a difficult one to prove beyond reasonable doubt. I like the point you made below about the time of death though, and that could change things.
2. Use the murder/suicide angle to get a lesser sentence on the basis that he is/was a nutter - diminished responsibility and all that.

I will be extremely interesting to see how this turns out, that's for sure.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 4:59 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Right but using it as a defense is pretty lame.

"Yes your honor you should really absolve me of this double homicide. You see, I'm actually supposed to be dead right now. So if things had gone according to plan you and I wouldn't even be having this conversation."

WTF?
It says a lot for his state of mind at the time.
Explaining why he didn't then off himself will be the only hard part.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:00 pm
Thinking about it

Hmm.. interesting!!.. So, if i lose, you get the Gort avatar and all rights and priveledges contained therein.. and if you lose!?
So you don't want my bash street kid then ???
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bet anything that the UK was waiting for the time of death to be established and once they had that information they moved to arrest and extradite him. Neil is going down.

I don't think the UK authorities would have handed over a Brit. citizen to the US unless there was pretty good proof of guilt.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:14 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I don't think the UK authorities would have handed over a Brit. citizen to the US unless there was pretty good proof of guilt.
I absolutely concur.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:14 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
So you don't want my bash street kid then ???
if you had the animated Stormtrooper doing the Pelvic Thrust we could perhaps talk..
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely concur.
thank you my learned counsel
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:19 pm
Thinking about it

if you had the animated Stormtrooper doing the Pelvic Thrust we could perhaps talk..
Disappointing.
I am a man of simple means and the only other thing I could offer you is the shirt of my back.
would you be comfortable in a 14.5" collar ??
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:21 pm
strangely floppy..

Disappointing.
I am a man of simple means and the only other thing I could offer you is the shirt of my back.
would you be comfortable in a 14.5" collar ??
skinny runt.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:21 pm
WTF?

My thinking is that the defense can play it 2 ways.
1. Go for an acquital - right now there seems to be very little concrete evidence - its all circumstantial and this case could be a difficult one to prove beyond reasonable doubt. I like the point you made below about the time of death though, and that could change things.
2. Use the murder/suicide angle to get a lesser sentence on the basis that he is/was a nutter - diminished responsibility and all that.

I will be extremely interesting to see how this turns out, that's for sure.
Or the old two pronged approach:

I didn't do it. You can't prove that I did it. I'm innocent. But in the event that I did do it.... it's because I was crazy.
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:24 pm
Thinking about it

Or the old two pronged approach:

I didn't do it. You can't prove that I did it. I'm innocent. But in the event that I did do it.... it's because I was crazy.
So you've been to law school too
Old Feb 15th 2006, 5:25 pm
Thinking about it

skinny runt.
I think the word you're actually looking for is athletic, or perhaps wirey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.